Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Something hanging off my undercarriage

Options
  • 20-09-2006 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Just wondering if anyone has encountered this before.

I drive a 05 peugeot 307 diesel. Driving into work this morning, I noticed an odd scraping noise when the car went over uneven parts of the road. When I got to somewhere that I could safely stop, I got out and took a look under the car.

It looks like some sort of cover is hanging off the undercarriage of the car, between the two front wheels. I could just about reach into it, and it seems to be a plastic panel of some sort. I cant reach it to try and fix it back up again, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this panel is? I am guessing that maybe its some sort of waterproof cover to keep water out of the underneath of the engine, but I'm not sure.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

You've answered your own questions !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

Yup, keeps water off the engine and dampens the environmental noise a little.

They tend only to be fitted to diesel engines as they are noisier and water getting into the air breather is guaranteed death for the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Nice one, thanks all. Best get it fixed ASAP so!

Advertisement