Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weird...Trouble installing car stereo

Options
  • 20-09-2006 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got a new car stereo today...there was a post here already about the model, a Tavion with Bluetooth compatibility on special offer from Aldi.

Anyway, when I went to install, the only thing that would function was the CD insert and eject...no sound came out whatsoever.

Another strange thing; firstly I hooked up everything...ie, the power and speaker cables that are bunched together, and the aerial cable. Then I had it hooked up without the aerial cable connected, and there was no power light flashing on the stereo part that would be behind the front panel. Also the CD insert and eject wouldnt even work. So, for some reason it only did anything when the radio aerial cable was plugged in, but nothing without.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Is it a VW/Seat/Audi/Skoda you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

He's got a Honda Civic, 95, Jap Import:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

With most of the Jap imports you will need to get an adapter to connect the stereo, I know from a mate that got a Colt import and on both of them had to get an adapter to connect up

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Re: CD insert and eject...no sound
    Had the same problem.
    The radio is only getting power down the "battery" cable.
    Make sure the "ignition" cable has power/the fuse hasn't blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just if he doesn't know what he's doing, which he doesn't really, where would be a good place to go to get this fitted along with a pair of shelf speakers he has?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Re the aerial: this usually happens when the earth wire isn't doing it's job.
    I agree with Big Nelly's comment: you might need to get an adapter, or at least figure out what the current loom is doing and change it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

BlueDrax wrote:
    Re: CD insert and eject...no sound
    Had the same problem.
    The radio is only getting power down the "battery" cable.
    Make sure the "ignition" cable has power/the fuse hasn't blown.

Thanks for the help guys. How would I go about making sure the fuse hasnt blown? Would I be better off bringing it to a garage since I'm fairly inexperienced with cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Whereabouts are you located in dublin?If your southside and dont mind coming to me ill throw an eye over it for you

Guy along the Navan road who does the install for about 50 euro including any adpater you might need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

yep.sometimes its better to just get some1 to do it for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks very much for the offer eireal. But seeing as though I probably need an adaptor, I think I'll head out to the Navan Rd. Does anyone have the address of this guy?

Cheers

Cianos wrote:
    Thanks very much for the offer eireal. But seeing as though I probably need an adaptor, I think I'll head out to the Navan Rd. Does anyone have the address of this guy?

Cheers

Will check with my mate and PM on his number later on this evening!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You're trying this with the ignition in the "accessory" or higher position?

Advertisement