Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd duplication

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

hi.

does anyone know where you can get smallish runs of cd's printed (100 or so) that dont cost an arm and a leg?

its just a 3 track demo.

a simple platic sleeve is all im after with a design on the cd itself and an insert if possible.

thanks

if this isnt the right forum feel free to move it wherever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

A lot of pressing places won't do less than 500 or 1000 as it's too expensive for smaller runs (I know a lot of established bands that would do a limited edition of 100 have to order 500 which they divvy out to friends/as promos/destroy). I think your best bet would be to look for CD-R pressing but again a lot of places won't do small batches. Have you thought of burning them yourself? 100 copies will take you a couple of days at most, far less if you can split the task between the rest of the band. You can buy CD-Rs without anything printed on them and put your own art/doodles/lip print/etc. on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

www.musicmattersinternational.com

Vanessa is the woman for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Trust the Doc to save the day

*adds to favourites*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

http://www.trendmusicstore.com/quotes.htm

Trend are good for short run stuff too, full colour printing and all that even on the short runs.

If you request a quote they'l email you the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

cool!

thanks everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i was just about to post about this..

im workin on a 4 track demo, i got the tunes done.

So...

I made the artwork for the cover and inlay and the back and splines so...

can i give the artwork i done, (w/ the right size specs as a high quality .jpeg image) to a printing company to print off about 50 copies?

i was lookin at the specs on trend website above and it confised the hell outa me.. (+ i failed maths :p)

But if the jpegs are the right size and specs can they just print the images off at some other company?

And one mroe thing...

Cd-rs i find it hard to find just simple Cds that are compleltly blank which have no design/label (eg. samsung cd-r) on the top

i bought some cd label maker software yesterthat works great, and can print them off to cds so that area's kinda covered

BAH all the effort of being a solo artist looking professional!!!

if anyone can help ill appreciate it, im qutie new to this, i kinda done everything my own extra awkward way

Phone the people listed and you'l find an answer, they do this sort of thing day in and day out and will be able to tell you for sure what is required.

Yeah i was actually gona go into the palce and see what the story is, But i was walking buy one of those "snap" printing shops and wondered if they could do it... id rather have the right specs so when i went into a place they didnt resize it in any way..

ive to ring a few people too today tos ee what the story is with things,

even thingking about goin to reids, i have a few cd jewel cases here, but its the just the

printing of the covers and finding blank cds is the probs

making my head hurt thinkin bout all this!

Tbh, if it's a low number of cpoies you're thinking of doing, I'd reckon it'd be cheaper getting them from musicmatters than doing them yourself.

about 50-100 or so, just to get it going and to have, ive some session work, and alota music to do anyways but getin this demo done will be a great thing for me and to have,

the msuic matters didnt load there when i tried ill try again,

What about somewhere like reids to print some art stuff off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

www.dpcentre.net

100 cd's for €240. Jewel case. Full colour front cover, inlay, back and sides. Printed on the CD front. We get batches of 100 done all the time. Turn around is a couple of days, 4 at most from our experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dude859

www.duplicationireland.com have used them be4 - excellent print quality and fast delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Are there not Packages you can buy for this type of thing including all the S/W and labelling for the printer etc..? It seems crazy that we can have a recording set up at home to record the level of demo that would have cost 500 pounds plus for 10 years ago, yet we have to go to companies to get CD labels printed etc.. !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would'nt home printing work? My 100 euro canon does a very decent job of disk-printing.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I work for a small software/media company and we do all our DVD duplication and printing in-house. Just a tower with a bunch of burners (8 I think) and a printer with a special tray for the discs. I have no idea how much the setup cost but I'm sure it would be pretty economical if anyone needed to print more than a certain amount of discs and didn't mind spending the time doing it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

cornbb wrote: »
    I work for a small software/media company and we do all our DVD duplication and printing in-house. Just a tower with a bunch of burners (8 I think) and a printer with a special tray for the discs. I have no idea how much the setup cost but I'm sure it would be pretty economical if anyone needed to print more than a certain amount of discs and didn't mind spending the time doing it themselves.

I'd be surprised if it the cost to get CD's burned/printed one time and the cost of getting the equipment yourself wouldn't be around the same.

I think your really paying for the time/labour.

I cant seem to find the S/W + H/W you'd need on the interweb for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Doctor J wrote: »
    www.musicmattersinternational.com

Vanessa is the woman for this.

+1 on MMI...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

+1 on MMI...:)

ich auch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I sell a software product online and I produce my own CD's, sell a couple hundred a week so I went and purchased my own CD duplicator,

I can buy a 100 CD bundle for €15, 100 CD jewel cases for €15 and another €5 for ink. A good quality DIY job can be done for under €40 and the quality would match the above quotes of €240.

http://shop.cd-writer.com/acatalog/ALL_PRODUCTS_Bravo_II_DVD_Duplicator_for_PC____62744__1362.html

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

DonJose wrote: »
    I sell a software product online and I produce my own CD's, sell a couple hundred a week so I went and purchased my own CD duplicator,

I can buy a 100 CD bundle for €15, 100 CD jewel cases for €15 and another €5 for ink. A good quality DIY job can be done for under €40 and the quality would match the above quotes of €240.

http://shop.cd-writer.com/acatalog/ALL_PRODUCTS_Bravo_II_DVD_Duplicator_for_PC____62744__1362.html

Where do you get cd bundle for 15 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Alexdrewluca

Try wwww.duplicationireland.ie great quality :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭fitz

Have used www.cdduplication.ie a few times, they're excellent.

Advertisement