Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice for buying a car from a garage

Options
  • 19-09-2006 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

Can you help me please? I just want to go to a garage and buy a car (not sure yet if new or second-hand, prob second-hand)

Q1: What should I bring with me to help with any financial transactions? I'll be looking for finance.

Q2: Can you recommend any good questions to ask about the vehicle? ie. was it involved in any accidents etc?

Any advice/comments/suggestions much much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Mhaire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

In answer to your first question, it would almost certainly be cheaper for you to borrow the money from your bank than to use the garage's finance people. At the very least, shop around for finance.

Regarding your second question, I would strongly recommend finding a friend or relative who knows what they're doing to sit down with you and establish the basic parameters - ie how much do you want to spend on buying the car, what you need from the car, what running costs you can accept, potential resale value etc.

Advertisement