Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Red House improv. What ya think?

Options
  • 19-09-2006 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

This is a version of Red House i did as a tribute to Hendrix (date of death yesterday). It was my first real shot of recording so the quality aint too good. Only one real inst in it and thats my guitar. I did the drums and bass lines on a keyboard;) Also keep in mind i didnt spend much time on this (only one shot at each part) so dont expect it to be flawless.

Equipment used; Fender vintage '62RI Strat, Marshall MG 50DFX miked, Keyboard.

Here it is; http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=602948

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Thanks Johnny. I messed up a few times at the beginning but i was feeling too lazy to do over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Some nice licks in there. I especially like the medium-speed stuff at about 2:25.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Sweet :cool:

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Some nice playing there but remember it's Blues let it breathe!

Savman wrote:
    Some nice playing there but remember it's Blues let it breathe!
    Yeah i've been told that. I know what you mean. Im just heavily influenced by Hendrix so sometimes i cant help overplaying. Im trying to break that habit though.

Yeah easy to spot the Jimi influence coming thru, not just cos its a Hednrix choon but in your style its very much evident. For that kind of slow 6/8 blues try listening to BB King, Albert Collins & Albert King - they're great examples of how to let the space do the work ;)

Savman wrote:
    Yeah easy to spot the Jimi influence coming thru, not just cos its a Hednrix choon but in your style its very much evident. For that kind of slow 6/8 blues try listening to BB King, Albert Collins & Albert King - they're great examples of how to let the space do the work ;)
    Oh yeah i like pretty much all of the blues greats and their different styles. Especially BB King. As a matter of fact i was at his Farewell Concert in Manchester a good few months ago and really took it in. Made me appreciate what he has done for the blues. His style is clear through Jimi's playing. I listen to him a fair bit but not nearly enough though.

Hendrix89 wrote:
    BB King. As a matter of fact i was at his Farewell Concert in Manchester a good few months ago and really took it in

The double-bill with Gary Moore in the MEN Arena? No way I was there, 2nd row from front! :D:D:D

Class night :cool:

• Advertisement

Savman wrote:
    The double-bill with Gary Moore in the MEN Arena? No way I was there, 2nd row from front! :D:D:D

Class night :cool:

Thats the one! What are the the chances of that:D Nice seats! I was way back... cant remember exactly. Great performances. Gary Moore had a lot of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

LOL - Garry Moore is a great player, no doubt about it. But IMHO he detracts from his playing sometimes with too much gormless leppin' about.

LOL - Garry Moore is a great player, no doubt about it. But IMHO he detracts from his playing sometimes with too much gormless leppin' about.

How would that detract from his playing? :eek:
    You can always closer yer eyes like some of us...;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Great playing indeed but Savman makes a good point.

Advertisement