Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grad Ball experience

Options
  • 18-09-2006 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

So what did people think?

The meal was nothing special, reminded me of the Paddocks. And of course, it was way too pricey but a nice way to end a week of celebrations.

Who were the band? They weren't bad, but were a bit quiet.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Thought the night was bit of a farce myself.
    1200 people and they really should have split it over 2 nights and made it better, was a bit of a cattle mart at times. Food was very bad alright, good enough night but coulda been much much better.

Recommendations for next year, smaller groups at tables and less people in the one night.

Nuke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Food was pretty average for the South Court; the number of people present made it chaotic and did anyone else notice the amount of broken glass around the place, particularly at the bar at the left side? Also, those bars are way too small to accommodate 1200 students...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I worked 4 grad balls and attended one..

One thing we found, is that if you were to split it you get the same problems with some added ones.

Problems

1: Getting a venue for 2 nights
    2: Staff to work 2 nights (we start at 4pm and work through till 7am usually!)
    3. Co-ordinating the tickets for 2 venues
    4. Complaints that i wanted to go to the same one as so and so!
    5. One will be more subscribed to than the other
    6. Getting bands/djs for 2 nights
    7. Cost increases
    8. Buses for 2 nights

And numerous other things.

What you have is the same problem as running the Stables and the Scholars in parallel during Rag week. People all either try to go to one or the other and you still get complaints. I suppose it all depends on your expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I can imagine that it would have been quite the headache alright. I went to a debs in south court years ago with about 300 people. It was a far better night considering its far easier to manage 300.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ya i know what ya mean with the probs but was looking forward to it and the only thing that jumped to mind was how packed it was. If they had broken it into a few different department and nights might have been easier to guess who was goin where and all that.The sheer amount of staff at it was unreal:eek: What?, probably had 100-200 people between catering and security and the bar. Thats 1400 people in the one room which IMO was just uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement