Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerts

Options
  • 15-09-2006 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Kold wrote:
    Haven't listened to Eminem since that joke of a concert.

I've actually never been to a live rap concert. I'd imagine that its pretty sh!tty though. I mean its not like a rock band where they are playing instruments and stuff....with rap you just have a guy shouting over a monotonous beat. I bought the terrible 2pac live CD and it is basically Pac and the outlawz shouting over instrumentals being played from your everyday stereo!! Terrible.

But like I said I've never been, so fill me in. That said I understand Ghostface Killah is playing in Ireland soon and I wouldn't say no to a free ticket...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Depends on the artist, if they are anyway half decent they can get the crowd into it and then you get an amazing concert.

The atmosphere at the Dilated Peoples and DJ Format concerts was amazing. Also The Roots was best concert I've ever been to (but they are a band).

Also, they all have DJs mixing and scratching etc so it's not just instrumentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Makaveli wrote:
    The atmosphere at the Dilated Peoples and DJ Format concerts was amazing. Also The Roots was best concert I've ever been to (but they are a band).

WHEN THE FUUUUCK???? :( Was Abdominal there? FS Bloody me not ever knowing when gigs are on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Abdominal and D-Sisive were there. Just to rub it in that little bit more, they were here twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Makaveli wrote:
    Abdominal and D-Sisive were there. Just to rub it in that little bit more, they were here twice!
    Hmmm, maybe that means they like the place and will be back every year like Buck 65?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

phenomenon wrote:
    I've actually never been to a live rap concert. I'd imagine that its pretty sh!tty though. I mean its not like a rock band where they are playing instruments and stuff....with rap you just have a guy shouting over a monotonous beat. I bought the terrible 2pac live CD and it is basically Pac and the outlawz shouting over instrumentals being played from your everyday stereo!! Terrible.

Depends on the artist how much they manage to interact with the crowd tbh. Snoop and the Wu Tang are the two best Ive seen. Snoop effectively makes the crowd as much a part of it as he is.

I heard the Tupac live CD I thought it was great. Made the hair on the back of my neck rise as I heard 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted live, brought me back to the night in the Point when Snoop played it. Nobody was expecting it (what with 2Pac being....eh....dead and all), it just came out of nowhere :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Snoop effectively makes the crowd as much a part of it as he is

Remember Snoop at the LIVE 8 concert??? It was hilarious to hear him singing "what's my muthafcuking name!" with little kids in the crowd lol.He had the crowd jumping and all and Nate Dogg was doing backing vocals! The other rappers were sh!t if I remember right. Kanye West was outta breath and Will Smith was just gay. Damn although he released some terrible albums I NEED to see Snoop live.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

snoops gig in the point was class, there was a great atmosphere for kanye but the best live act i've seen so far is jurassic 5 at the first electric picnic. they rocked the gaff. there incredible live. going to see jay z, that shud be class too <snip> can't wait :D

[Mod Edit]MCD event.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

The Pharcyde also use a live drummer and keyboard player these days too, dey were pretty good wen dey played in march

Advertisement