Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage ampeg bass amp question.

Options
  • 16-09-2006 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi,im trying to id a vintage ampeg amp,i reckon its from the early seventies,it looks like a svt,but is slightly different,it only has two inputs as opposed to the four on a svt and has three toggle switchs for the power supply,as opposed to two,other than that tho it looks just like a svt head,same dials and rocker switches and is all tube.its fairly old so most of the serial numbers etc have worn away.it appears to have a 100 wat rms power output but not certain.
    Any help would be great,cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Post a few pics and we'll try our best to ID it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

will do in a short while............

not the best pic,but it will do hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

Hi,im trying to id a vintage ampeg amp,i reckon its from the early seventies,it looks like a svt,but is slightly different,it only has two inputs as opposed to the four on a svt and has three toggle switchs for the power supply,as opposed to two,other than that tho it looks just like a svt head,same dials and rocker switches and is all tube.its fairly old so most of the serial numbers etc have worn away.it appears to have a 100 wat rms power output but not certain.
    Any help would be great,cheers.

Is this amp in Crowleys McCurtain Street Cork? If it is it's a 70's V4. This is a guitar head but can be used for bass as well. the cab is a 4x12 with guitar speakers that is not suitable for bass. The three switches on the far right are Standby-Politary-Power. It has two inputs with a volume control for each input. After the volume controls it has treble - mid - and bass control, the opposite way to what is normal now. After thoses is a vibrato control.

yeah thats the one,thanks for the help as i wasnt sure weather it was for guitar or bass,apparently they work very well for bass with a 8x10 cab.I think the head is pretty much the same thing as the v4b?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Out of interest how much is it? And it being 100w only valve and a guitar amp it wont get you big modern boomy bass. If you push it, it'll distort.

its about 1300 euro,for head and cab

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh, my JCM has that backwards EQ thing. It makes me smile. :)

Advertisement