Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate: Atlantis - 3x09 - Phantoms [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 16-09-2006 12:16pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The last one before a cliffhanger takes us into a mid-season break. Did it reach the heights of last week or fall somewhere below? Decide!

What Did You Think of Stargate: Atlantis - 3x09 - Phantoms? 20 votes

Excellent stuff
    0%
    Good
    10%
    DingChavezCerebralCortex 2 votes
    Average installment
    15%
    PugsleyGerardKeatingsenordingdong 3 votes
    Pretty Poor
    50%
    IvanbkehoeMr EWintersCatsmokinpotmatrimixoyUser45701thelordofcheeseKojak 10 votes
    We're Going To Be Left With This Muck Next Year?
    25%
    VenomVulturejor elalastair_doomis_that_so 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pretty Poor
    Seems we're all in agreement on the averageness of the show this week. The whole delusion thing has been done before although it was at least made a little more interesting by having the characters work out fairly on that that was what was hapenning to them.

No real character moments here because everyone was acting a little out of character, although McKay raised a few smiles as ever. Took him a little longer than I suspected of copping on to how he was being deluded. Did like his "you shot me!" indignation at the end..

Filler which may have reprecussions. Be interesting to see next week who we face off in the 2-parter (and that's not a license to tell me either).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Pretty Poor
    have to agree average nothing great but sure we got a gudden comming to us next week dont we BTW ioxy ive been trying to find the date that canada will race ahead in SGA but i dont even know the name of the station that airs it there.
    do u kinow when SGA 311 is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

As has been said above this weeks SGA was pretty poor with a story thats been done to death countless times before in many different tv shows. This was the first SGA I have ever fast forwarded bits as it was just boring me to tears.

The couple of "you shot me" lines from Mckay were cool and I did like the that the red shirts aka marines made it out alive. The one thing that bugged me most was why the team didnt hope in a jumper to find the missing guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Pretty Poor
    User45701 wrote:
    BTW ioxy ive been trying to find the date that canada will race ahead in SGA but i dont even know the name of the station that airs it there.
    do u kinow when SGA 311 is out?

The Movie Network show SGA in Canada. However, they are a fair few episodes behind Scifi in the states. Generally give them a couple of months from when Sci-Fi take their break to when they catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Plot reheats again, seen the type many times before even if this one was well executed. Though seeing two members of the team get shot and hurt badly was very nice suprise, did not see it coming at all. Just found all the other bits dull with no suspense, excitment, good character interaction or humour(bar McKay) for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This was not good. IMHO the weakest of the season so far. "Paradise Lost" from SG-1 all over again and nowhere near as well done. SGA has been drifting in recent weeks. Not sure where the season is going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Pretty Poor
    probbley going for asurans vs wraith conflicts or mabe trhe wraith will find a way to earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pretty poor over all, a slightly different approach to an old and tired story line. One to miss on DVD if you're buying it. 'You shot me' was about it's only redeamable feature. It was very handy having that red shirt to dial the booby-trapped DHD wasn't it. Could see him being blown to bits the minute Sheppard asked him to dial Atlantis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Pretty Poor
    jor el wrote:
    It was very handy having that red shirt to dial the booby-trapped DHD wasn't it. Could see him being blown to bits the minute Sheppard asked him to dial Atlantis.

I thought that was convenient, also :D

An extremely average episode - this genre has been done to death. At least it showed why Sheppard was court marshalled (Which was referenced to in the pilot episode, I think)

It was unfortunate that Ronan didn't have an "accident", though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Average installment
    This story may have been done to daeth but it still seemed entertaining to me.

McKay's delusion was good, even if we figured it out long before he did.
    Carson's was abit eary for Stargate.
    I thought it was great to see some of Sheppards background which we were promised to see in season 2. This was also a very good episode for Beckitt, I think the first good one he's had since 'Runner'.
    A good performance from McKay aswell, though his 'humour' at then end ruined it. Despite the fact that it was a predictable thing for him to say and whine about...it was too reminiscnet of Daniel in 'Lockdown', though Daniel had the sense to stop after saying it twice, so as not to ruin the humour. But McKay went on to the third....tut tut.
    For once Roning seemed functional, running around grunting and shooting, made him somewhat bareable today.
    It was abit obvious what was going to happen to the marines but it was done well, I have to say.

What was with the stupidity of Weir sending a U.A.V. (not a good episode for her)...like, if the regular radio signal wasn't working, why the hell did she think a U.A.V. would be any better? Then they had the audacity to show the U.A.V. scene from 'Death Knel' (and there just happened to be Kull Warriors in this episdoe too)...then Ronin shot at the U.A.V. thinking it was a Dart, and they showed us the shot of the Dart that Shepard shot down in 'Rising'.!!! ****ing clip show or what?

And did anyone else notice that Teyla looked even more like a man this week...I'm convinced her name used to be Ray Lutrel.

Good filler nonetheless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement