Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x09 - Company of Thieves [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 16-09-2006 12:14pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What did you make of this penultimate episode before the mid-season break? More cack like last week or something a little bit better?

What Did You Think of Stargate SG:1 - 10x09 - Company of Thieves? 23 votes

Excellent stuff
    0%
    Good
    21%
    PugsleyGerardKeatingKevokUser45701The Gnome 5 votes
    Average installment
    21%
    bkehoematrimsenordingdongDingChavezalastair_doom 5 votes
    Pretty Poor
    52%
    VenomazezilIvanMr EWintersjor elCatsmokinpotixoythelordofcheesedemanKojakHande hoche! 12 votes
    See what I mean? Cancel
    4%
    is_that_so 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Pretty Poor
    It was average enough.

Brings us back to the Lucian [sp?] Alliance stuff. Makes me happy to know after two weeks of filler episodes we should get back to the Orii storyline next week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pretty Poor
    Fairly average alright, although it was a bit of a shocker to see Emmerson gunned down as he's been in a reasonable number of episodes.

Nice to see a reference to that S5 2-parter, although I'm sure there's been other situations where that chemical could have been used.

Nothing outstanding and I'm not overly fond of the Lucien Alliance so I'll be glad to see the Ori get back into full swing next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Good
    i enjoyed this episode quite a but u see i think its important not to have just 1 enemy like gouauld and replicators or Wraith Genei and Asurans
    Orai just there own cant do it they need the lucian alliance in the show

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Average installment
    it was pretty good. Not enough to get a top rating.

and what's with all the commanders of Earth ships dying?

No matter, maybe they can get someone more awesome now. Didn't really like Emmerson that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pretty Poor
    Not a bad episode at all and alot better than I was expecting to be honest. Emmerson getting killed really did surprise me as I dodnt see it coming at all. The writers better make sure in a future episode, that Teal'c is the one who lays the royal smack down on the leader of the lucian alliance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Ah they had sam cry thats what you want to see your commanding officer do in a crisis dear lord what did they do to her character. I figured they were going to kill emmerson the only captian in the earth fleet to survive was hammond or sg1 personel (watch that atlantis captian he gonna die) and thats only because they did it for a couple of days. Christ sam crying over that numb nuts of a useless captian was a crime then she did what they told her to do and removed the locator handing over asgard tech to the enemy. She should be court martialed for that aaggggg hated this episode. The only bit i liked was when Tilk went nuts for no real reason (how many times has he been tortured 10, 15 times maybe) and said "I have grown weary of this torture" I totally aggreed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

See what I mean? Cancel
    I thought it was so-so. It looked good but did feel like it was all a bit stretched to generate another story arc when they run out of Ori stuff. Not really a full episode in what was on offer IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Good
    Pretty damn good episode imo, moved the plot forward a good bit with regards to the Lucian alliance, especially the scene's with the Luitenants, see them as the organised but fragile organisation they are, could provide some good plots (in the dozen or so episodes we have left...). The Emmerson thing was a surprise, I hated the guy though, terrirble charecter, wont miss him at all, have to wonder who gets the ship though, hopefully someone a bit less wooden. Quite liked Vala and Mitchell in this episode, most of Mitchells udnercover scene's with the alliance were good, liked Teal'c reaction when he got free, really decked that chap :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Pretty Poor
    What plot?
    Seriously, they throw us a bone about the Lucien Alliance every time they need a filler episode or some fodder for an 'epic battle scene'.

Really people, have our standards gotten so low...?
    I think some of us need to watch some Babylon 5 to recharge our taste buds.

Yet another generically average episode.

Its like they have some kind of formula for these filler episodes:

Badguy + Earth Ship + Teal'c tortue scene + Sam showing womanly weaknesses + Mitchell's smart comments + Vala's sexual innuendo = SG-1 Gold.

Come on, as vulture said samantha crying in front of subordinates, without A) explaining the situation and thus just seeming like a nervous wreck who is not fit to hold the rank she has been given and B) without a massive gun shot wound to the stomach, is just bad writing.

The only redeeming feature (and lets face it, it was redeeming because the rest of the episode was so bad) was teal'c's "little episode". And, imho, the reason it was so redeeming was because of the underlying humour. In so much as a reference to the 300th episode, whereby having something convenient to the plot happening, isnt convenient when you have another character point this out in a humourous way and/or make fun of the fact.

Overall, very poor and it begs the question, is the reason SG-1 was cancelled, due to ratings so far or because the CEO's/executives/etc. actually say episodes from season 10 prior to airing and realised how bad they were? :(

Bah, roll on BSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pretty Poor
    Ivan wrote:
    Badguy + Earth Ship + Teal'c tortue scene + Sam showing womanly weaknesses + Mitchell's smart comments + Vala's sexual innuendo = SG-1 Gold.
    You could be on to something there Ivan, I'd watch out for the Sci-Fi execs coming after you for giving away their formula ;)

Anyway, another middle of the road episode. A colonel in the air force breaking down just because someone she barely knows got killed, that's just weak. How many people has Sam seen being killed now? I don't think she even cried for Daniel on any of the two occasions when he died.

If MGM are hoping some other network will take up SG-1 then episodes like this won't help them much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Average installment
    I thought it was a good episode. Some of the lucien alliance stuff was good but do they really need another plotline. We already have the Jaffa plotline and the ori which should be able to give plenty of shows.

The bit with T'leac after being tortured was funny. Also the bit with Daniel as the captian was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Pretty Poor
    matrim wrote:
    I thought it was a good episode. Some of the lucien alliance stuff was good but do they really need another plotline. We already have the Jaffa plotline and the ori which should be able to give plenty of shows.

The bit with T'leac after being tortured was funny. Also the bit with Daniel as the captian was brilliant.

I also thought that the teal'c bit was funny - he was seriously p1ssed off. Daniel pretending to be captain didn't work at all, he seemed more interested in acting the pr1ck than actually thinking strategically, IMO.

Carter crying, if that didn't give the impression of crap leadership I don't know what would.

The reference to the season 5 episode was, at least, continuity but it could have easily been used in many episodes since then. Oh great, Vala "helping" again :rolleyes:

The "declaring war" on the Lucian alliance was another plot intended to extend the potential amount of episodes for an eleventh season. Now with only 11 eps left and 1 film (because the other one is time travel related) it will mean not only that the Ori storyline will be tidied up quickly but now the Lucian Alliance will be dealt with as well. Should make for a good "run in", though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Average installment
    Ivan wrote:
    What plot?
    Seriously, they throw us a bone about the Lucien Alliance every time they need a filler episode or some fodder for an 'epic battle scene'.
    Not really, we've been seeing them since season 8, they're just the new back up enemy. It's really not filler.
    Ivan wrote:
    Come on, as vulture said samantha crying in front of subordinates, without A) explaining the situation and thus just seeming like a nervous wreck who is not fit to hold the rank she has been given and B) without a massive gun shot wound to the stomach, is just bad writing.
    What's everyone's beef with Carter crying? You do all realise that she does this every now and again...it's not a new addition to the poor episodes.

And Daniel being in the Captains chair....puke. He doesn't even have a rank.
    I was thinking to myself, 'why the hell is Marks notifying Jackson?!!' Then the ****er hops in the COMMANDERS chair, **** that, I remember what happened when someone sat in Picards chair, he got his **** ruined, end off.
    Also, when the hell did Vala become a scientist?..helping Carter with the repairs.

*cough* An otherwise good episode, it moved along nicely, even if the end deception was a cop out. Though why the hell did the two Ha'Tak continue firing on one another?
    Emmersons death was unexpected but worked well in place, I'm surprised there were no spoilers.
    Also, how did Earth declare war on the Lucian Alliance aince the LA launched the attack on the Odyssey?

Anyway, a still a good back plot that would have been good for antother season, or that planned Stargate Command show.

Advertisement