Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another wall mounting question

Options
  • 16-09-2006 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Want to mount my Samsung LE40R72B on the wall above the fireplace. If I was to light the fire would the heat damage the TV? It's a pretty big room 22' x 16' but this is the best spot to use!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It would depend on your fireplace

Would the mantlepiece block much heat from rising directly along the wall where the LCD will be?

Does the chimney breast get very hot when a fire is lit?

I suggest you light a good fire and after a few hours assess how hot the area where the LCD will go gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 agnod

I have lit a number of fires in the past week. The chimey breast doesnt get really hot and the mantlepiece does seem to block a lot of the heat rising immediately above! I have also placed a thermometer on the mantlepiece for the past week and it doeset get above 70f, even when the fire is at it's highest! I have read that 90f is the max temperture that is acceptable! I'm still in 2 minds as to put it there or not. Anyone else have a similar problem???

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

70F is around 21 deg Celcius, which I think is acceptable and it should be OK to put the TV there.

At least it won't have any damp issues! :)

Advertisement