Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avira Anti-Virus

Options
  • 16-09-2006 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

I have Avira Anti-Virus installed on my computer, as i havent seen it mentioned here can i ask 'Is It Any Good'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I reckon so, I have been using it for sometime and find it excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

OP it is a fantastic piece of software, but few people use it. I mentioned it a few times, I didnt know that other boardsies used it though :p

It used to be called HBEDV+ Antivir until they rebranded in the summer to Avira Antivir. I have been using it since last september and found their PersonalEdition Premium to be fantastic. It beats Norton and McAfee hands down and is well worth the annual 20Eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I have this Anti Virus on my PC at home. I do not have an internet connection at home so I cannot get updates. Is it possible to download the updates to a memory stick in work and update my own PC when I get home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Yes, you can go to Avira's webpage, and there should be links to the update files in the same place as the programme download, but the updates are not nearly as updated as those available from their download servers. Typically a few days to a week old. But, if you download the latest version of their antivirus software and then the updates, and install them one after another, when you go online to run the programmes updater, the download will be a lot smaller as there will only be minor updates that will be downloaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

it's excellent software :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement