Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Britain

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Great show, discuss ;)

On a similar note
    I have two tickets for this show for the 21st Sept. (thursday coming) that I now can sell/trade/swap ... unfortunately it happens to overlap with a mate who has a gig/album opening night thing so just seeing if anyone is interested...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I would have to agree Chump. a great show indeed I saw one of my favourite sketches last night wher Andy plays "you say we pay" with Richard and Judy. Absolutley brillant

"Laboritoire Garnier"

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I can't wait to see Little Britain Live. Im goin on 22nd! I love David Walliams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I kinda find its appeal has faded, dunno why.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

mike65 wrote:
    I kinda find its appeal has faded

Agreed - the season that is hsown on RTE 2 at the moment seems to be less entertaining than the previous one. Also I don't know why. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I find it to be rubbish. But then I'm not a fan of the fast-show format. "Oh wait for it , he's going to say the line now!" :rolleyes:

I think League of Gentlemen showed how these sort of shows should be done. Have sketches each week but at least put a bit of variety into them and tie the whole thing together with a plot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mike65 wrote:
    I kinda find its appeal has faded, dunno why.

Mike.

because it is the same jokes over and over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Loved it the frst few times I saw it, gets old fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I liked the Fast Show though.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd rather watch pat kenny to be honest. awful show which is just repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

Cremo wrote:
    awful show which is just repetitive.

I agree. It's just bull**** catchphrase comedy with no substance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

Boo-yah wrote:
    I agree. It's just bull**** catchphrase comedy with no substance.
    Totally agree. Humour for dumb-asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Well its the comedy you either like or don't like.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pigman II wrote:
    I find it to be rubbish. But then I'm not a fan of the fast-show format. "Oh wait for it , he's going to say the line now!" :rolleyes:

I think League of Gentlemen showed how these sort of shows should be done. Have sketches each week but at least put a bit of variety into them and tie the whole thing together with a plot.
    And on the flipside, I'd watch Little Britain quicker than I'd watch The League of Gentlemen though. I never did get TLG, and can't stand it.

Though, it must be said, The Fast Show is/was far superior to Little Britain. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sick of it tbh.
    Worth a watch only in a moment of sheer desperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pigman II wrote:

While I enjoy Little Britain, nothing comes close to the League Of Gentlemen's genius and I agree wholeheartedly with what you've just said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭masteire

Have 2 tickets for sat night any one wanna swap for anything else - cant make it due to the missus making arrangements on my behalf for something else
    ( I wouldnt mind but she bought me the tickets at xmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Fat Fighters in Little Britain is a huge rip off of Pauline and the job seekers in League of Gentlemen.

I used to like some of the more absurd sketches in Little Britain, but since the first series they're really just repeating themselves and some of the newer sketches are just borderline racist... I mean what's supposed to be funny about a mail order bride called Ping Pong? Maybe back in the 70's that sort of stuff would be fly but now it feels like really dated comedy.

The absolute best thing about Little Britain is Tom Baker... his delivery is always so brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I mean what's supposed to be funny about a mail order bride called Ping Pong?

Ting Tong.

I enjoy the show. Fast show was better.

Oh bugger!!

Advertisement