Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #19: "Mr. Beast" by Mogwai

Options
  • 15-09-2006 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't heard this one yet on record. What I heard live wasn't inspiring but I'll pick it up soonish and give it a proper chance. I feel I have to considering I've already got a load of promotional stickers and a t-shirt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Have the album, listened a few times, but not as much as other Mogwai ones. It's pretty decent, nothing too spectacular though I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Can you guys recommend me a good Mogwai album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

The only two I've heard are 'Young Team' and 'Come on Die Young', both of which are good, the latter especially. IMO, Mogwai are a good, solid band, but not a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Their best complete, coherent album is Come On Die Young alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Yes, I would go for either come on die young or rock action to start with. I didnt really like happy songs for happy people. Their new one has some great stuff on it too a bit of a return to form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I think we had a poll about Mogwai's best album on this forum recently. I reckon Happy Songs for Happy People might be best if you're just starting to get into them, then move onto Rock Action etc. I've only ever seen HSFHP and Rock Action in the shops aside from their new one though.

Advertisement