Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay-Z Drops New Single In October

Options
  • 15-09-2006 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Good news.I was getting sick of listening to these 2nd rate Jay-Z imitators...(TI,everybody that tries to make a video as good as Big Pimpin')
    Word is Jay-Z is prepping the release of a new single in October and will follow-up with his comeback album on November 14.

Sources at Def Jam Records told SOHH exclusively that Hov's new single, "Show Me What You Got," will be released some time in October. While rumors are that Jiggaman is scheduled to work with video director Hype Williams, the single's video will apparently be directed by F. Gary Gray ("Friday," "The Italian Job").

Rolling Stone Magazine recently reported that the LP would be dropping on November 14. Rumors are also spreading that Jigga's comeback CD will be entitled Presidential Gala. In recent months, producers like the Neptunes, Kanye West, Cool & Dre and the Runners have leaked information about working with Jigga.

The new album will mark Jay's first solo release since 2003's The Black Album. He has since made guest appearances on remixes with Kanye, Rick Ross and Young Jeezy as well as songs with Beyonce, Mary J Blige and Pharrell Williams among others.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7957

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God I hate Jigga. But we all knew the retirement was just a publicity stunt didn't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah i never thought retirement would suit a guy who dropped bout 13 albums in 7-8 years. can't say i'm even remotely excited by this, reasonable doubt was worth a listen, other than that i can't be arsed with anything he has come out with!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

RD was worth more then listen.It was a classic besides that track with Foxy imo.He tends to be a bit hit and miss,but he has plenty of classic tracks(D'Evils,Imaginery Player,22 Twos,99 Problems).As well he is one of the most charismatic Hip-Hop artists out there,and yes we need more charisma in Hip-Hop,has brought through great producers(Just Blaze,Kanye) and is right now over seeing a lot of great Hip-Hop with Def Jam.For example,I'm fairly sure he told The Roots to avoid the commercial sounds at all costs,and has saved Nas from obscurity.

A little respect please.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

what he said, jay z has been one of the most consistent rappers of our times and now that he's the main man over at def jam he's going to so much for hip hop, he already has finally nas and the roots have the right team behind them to push there sales even further. besides jay has alway dropped hints that he was never fully retired. theres a **** load of em on the black album. personally i'm more than happy that he's releasing another album, at least he won't follow anymof the current fad's in hip hop. time to sent some new standard me thinks.

"every forth quarter i like to mike jordan em"

hov is back, long live the president i say

Advertisement