Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor" Sprouts A Leak...Again

Options
  • 15-09-2006 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

I presume its still coming out.The leak seems to have gotten a good reception,and there is no 3 6 Mafia collab as far as I can tell.He was upstaged by Jill Scott on Daydreamin'(and the video was pretty retarded)but it was still a nice track.
    Lupe Fiasco's debut LP Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor has reportedly leaked onto the internet for the second time.

Earlier this year, the Chi-Town emcee's debut LP leaked nearly two months before its intended June 27th release date. The album was consequently postponed.

At the time, Lupe assured SOHH.com that listeners only got to hear roughly 40% of the album with collaborations with Jill Scott, Three Six Mafia and Jay-Z still in the works. "Daydreamin," a single featuring Jill Scott is slated to follow-up Fiasco's current single, the Pharrell Williams-assisted, "I Gotcha." Hov serves as the album's co-executive producer.

Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor is slated to hit stores September 19th on 1st & 15th/Atlantic Records.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/9761

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Liqour?

Rather odd, i read an interview with him, hes a 100% devout muslim :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I doubt that frankly.A lot of rappers like to play the religious card for whatever reason,plus I presume if he is anything he is a follower of the Nation of Islam which bears only fleeting resemblences to Sunni/Shia Islam.Besides simply because its in the title doesn't mean he drinks,although it would be a bit odd if he doesn't.As well,I know plenty of 'devout' muslims who drink alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Good album, well put together and some nice tracks. The outro is the most ridiculous thing I've heard though, 12 minutes of shout outs.
    Kick Push II is a nice track, hadn't heard it before.
    This album is worth buying I reckon.

Orizio wrote:
    I doubt that frankly.A lot of rappers like to play the religious card for whatever reason,plus I presume if he is anything he is a follower of the Nation of Islam which bears only fleeting resemblences to Sunni/Shia Islam.Besides simply because its in the title doesn't mean he drinks,although it would be a bit odd if he doesn't.As well,I know plenty of 'devout' muslims who drink alcohol.

Whilst the likes of Nas, Method Man and several other wu tang members have managed to find a great version of Islam (the odd American version that allows you to grow a wee beard and rap about Allah whilst promoting alcohol, weed, cocaine and ecstasy use/dealing and naked women in your videos and songs) Lupe actually is seriously religious, said he never touched a drop or took a toke in his life.

And so the title has 'liqour' in it why?

As I already said,the Nation of Islam is not a legitimate form of Islam.Nor do I remember seeing the Wu/Nas ever in a XXX video,but maybe I am wrong on that part.And I seriously doubt that Nas in particular 'promotes' drug selling.

• Advertisement

BTW I find your post particurly hypocritical considering your sig.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

He was saying the title came from the stores around Chicago - I guess like the old pubs around Ireland where you can buy "cornflakes with your pint" (though it doesn't have quiiite the same ring :-)

Really likin' the album. He's supposed to be here with Jay-Z on Tuesday...

Orizio wrote:
    And so the title has 'liqour' in it why?

As I already said,the Nation of Islam is not a legitimate form of Islam.Nor do I remember seeing the Wu/Nas ever in a XXX video,but maybe I am wrong on that part.And I seriously doubt that Nas in particular 'promotes' drug selling.

Uncut version of Oochie Wally anybody?

As for promoting, well, he doesnt exactly, however much of Illmatic concerns his time in the drug game. "Mike will chop it, Mayo you count the profit, our **** is on the streets this way the jakes will never stop it", plenty more.

And hows the sig hypocritical, I never said I was a devout muslim did I? :D Only that Lupe said in an interview that he was and that bhe never touched a drink in his life.

I'm sure if you asked either Nas/the Wu if they thought selling drugs was a good thing they would say no.The above is far from promotion,rather Nas shooting his mouth of for 'street cred' etc and Illmatic is far from a gangster album imo.

TBH I see Lupe's faith as no different then those who find 'God' in prison other those Christians who go to church weekly without being album to tell you the ten commandments etc.Its all a facade,and the Nation of Islam is simply not a legitimate branch of Islam.

However its nice to hear the kid has a moral backbone and his feet on the ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

shane86 wrote:
    Whilst the likes of Nas, Method Man and several other wu tang members have managed to find a great version of Islam (the odd American version that allows you to grow a wee beard and rap about Allah whilst promoting alcohol, weed, cocaine and ecstasy use/dealing and naked women in your videos and songs) Lupe actually is seriously religious, said he never touched a drop or took a toke in his life.

"Nasir Jones belives in the lord jesus christ"

From the start of the hate me now video.

Some muslim he is :P

Lupe fiasco is (as far as I know) actually a devout muslim.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Orizio wrote:
    I'm sure if you asked either Nas/the Wu if they thought selling drugs was a good thing they would say no.The above is far from promotion

Agreed, in fact, they would probably say the same thing as Hove

"Niggaz actin' like I sold you crack
    Like I told you sell drugs...no...
    Hove did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that"

Advertisement