Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAMIEN RICE - 9 OUT NOVEMBER 6th!

Options
  • 14-09-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

woot! new damien rice album out november 6th

www.eskimofriends.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Great, I like what I've heard so far (live before people start googling for leaks)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's about freakin' time. Hopefully not all as boring as unplayed piano John?

"Unplayed Piano" never happened in my eyes. I did love "Lonely Soldier" though. But the new songs are pretty solid IMO, even if one of them is essentially the music from "Volcano" with new lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Accidental Babies and Nine Crimes are excellent, hopefully they're both on the album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Loved O, have been waiting for this for ages now!! Didn't even hear 'unplayed piano'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iFight wrote:
    Loved O, have been waiting for this for ages now!! Didn't even hear 'unplayed piano'.
    you didn't miss much, ray d'arcy plays it daily on todayfm (it's on at work).

Yeah "Unplayed Piano" is (as I previously alluded to) not much at all. It's a political song but without any power to back it up. In the technical parlance: for completists only.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So he's finally realised people are sick of 'O'. Only took about 5 years. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. The overplaying of his last album has nulified any interest I had in him, which is a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sillyaspie

Can't wait, well it should be good in any case,
    think lonely soldier is excellent song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

I liked Unplayed Piano i must say

Kinda looking forward to the album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Damn! Thought that said october and got all excited..bugger.
    Getting tired of 'O' at this stage, it was nice to hear a different song(unplayed piano) even if d'arcy does play it everyday, quite like it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

John wrote:
    But the new songs are pretty solid IMO, even if one of them is essentially the music from "Volcano" with new lyrics.

Trying to figure out which one you're talking about? Only one that springs to mind is "Me, My Yolk, And I", which strangely enough I think actually predates "Volcano".

Of the newer songs, I'm really loving "Nine Crimes" at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

how awfully exciting (not.)
    i find him incredibly dull.

There's one that they played a few times now (the last few gigs and the last ones he did before taking a break) where the rhythm is very much in the vein of "Volcano" and everytime I've seen him play it the crowd get all excited because they think it's "Volcano" and then they look perplexed. It's hilarious really! And a good song.

http://www.eskimofriends.com/lyrics.asp#yoke

They're the lyrics of the one I'm talking about. He's been playing it a lot recently.

That's the one

Zane Lowe played "9 Crimes" on his show last night, you can listen to it on the BBC's website. He plays it about 15 minutes in :)

Edit: Full tracklisting of new album:

1. 9 Crimes
    2. The Animals Were Gone
    3. Elephant
    4. Rootless Tree
    5. Dogs
    6. Coconut Skins
    7. Me, My Yoke And I
    8. Grey Room
    9. Accidental Babies
    10. Sleep Don't Weep

Out November 6th

Zane Lowe played "9 Crimes" on his show last night, you can listen to it on the BBC's website. He plays it about 15 minutes in :)

Edit: Full tracklisting of new album:

1. 9 Crimes
    2. The Animals Were Gone
    3. Elephant
    4. Rootless Tree
    5. Dogs
    6. Coconut Skins
    7. Me, My Yoke And I
    8. Grey Room
    9. Accidental Babies
    10. Sleep Don't Weep

Out November 6th

So after all that time out he manages a ten track album? Impressive.

Xavi6 wrote:
    So after all that time out he manages a ten track album? Impressive.

You expecting a 12 disc set?

You expecting a 12 disc set?

With the amount of time he's had since the last album it's certainly feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

About bloody time too... mighty impressed with the first single though!

Yeah, that's a nice song. I'm starting to get excited about this. As for the amount of tracks the album has, quality over quantity. Not everyone works at the same pace, if it takes six months to make a good album or six years it doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I'm loving Nine Crimes, I love Lisa's voice and the way Vyvienne's Cello comes in....I'm so excited about this album!

w00t! :D

Advertisement