Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Since UL hasn't told me

Options
  • 14-09-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

...Are there only 2 days of orientation next week? I'm supposed to be going down on Monday with my friend, as his orientation for his Business course is on Tuesday & Wednesday. I'm doing Architecture. Is there orientation for different courses on all week or is it just those two days?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Each student has two days of orientation. Business is Tues and Weds. Then the other colleges such as science, law are wed and thurs. You should have got a book with your orientation timetable. Thats what is was like last year and I doubt its changed much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

All I've got from UL is my accomodation handbook, and stuff about fees. I literally don't have a clue about anything. Great, reassuring start to my experience at UL. Really pisses me off tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Funkstard wrote:
    I literally don't have a clue about anything.

Dont worry, I'm here 3 years and I still dont have a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Yeah there's orientation days for all week except Friday I think. You should have got something in the post by now as to what day you're supposed to show up. Not sure if the information is available on the website but if you give Student Services a call they'll be able to tell you.

Cheers
    Rory

P.S. UL is mostly good you'll get used to the amount of dicking around Student Services do eventuallly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

All new students get just two days of Orientation; all in all there are three days - tuesday, wednesday and thursday, but each student is only present on two of these days usually tues&wed or wed&thurs. Can't remember what happens on which days, but one of them you do lots of formal boring stuff like registration, posing for your student ID card photo (NOTE - This photo does you for your duration at UL!!! Even if you lose your card they re-print a new one with the same pic, so make sure you smile!!!!), getting your timetable etc., while the other day concentrates on the students' union, orientation groups around the campus and more interactive stuff. Be ready to pick up lots of free stuff and try to avoid all the banks attacking you for new accounts! Best of luck - I'll see you in the SU (I'm the guide in there!! say hello, I'm the girl with the piercing under my lip!!!) :D:D:D

Advertisement