Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careful what you wish for.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Could be tax deductable??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sweet!
    Quattroste wrote:
    I guess I can get a power transformer in Maplins right, to go from 220 to 110?

Yep, that's right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Looks like a beast of and amp, and classy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You live in BLessington, right? That thing needs a Blessington Instruments beers all to itself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You live in BLessington, right? That thing needs a Blessington Instruments beers all to itself. ;)

I do indeed. I don't need stalkers though ;) hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Nice!!

When I first read your post (1037hrs, early morning brain issues) I initially thought you did one of those Doctor J Tempts Fate (*) jobs - put in a $25 bid for a $500,000 Strat. And won! :D

* Doc, can I have your consent to trademark that phrase, please? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Maybe you could tell your wife that you are just holding the amp for a friend until he .......eh.... gets out of jail or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Depending on the attentiveness of your better half, you could just put it in the room and act as if you've had it for years. Believe me, it has been known to work :D
    Ancient1 wrote:
    Nice!!

When I first read your post (1037hrs, early morning brain issues) I initially thought you did one of those Doctor J Tempts Fate (*) jobs - put in a $25 bid for a $500,000 Strat. And won! :D

* Doc, can I have your consent to trademark that phrase, please? :p

It'll cost you... one squilllllllllllllllllion kebabs!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can i be that friend? pweeeeeeeeeeeeease :) ill be out in about 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I don't think the "I've had it for years" excuse will work. The Laney is Black and this is well.... Cream/brown.

There have been further developments.......... Paypal has a limit unless you request for it to be extended. Therefore I have to wait for my next credit card bill to get a code to put into paypal so I can spend that much money. Next bill isin't due until October and they wont give the number over the phone. I have asked the seller if they are willing to wait. :(

I can't just send a cheque or Bank Draft because I don't have the money yet. Hah see..... stupid ebay addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I had that same experience and Visa did give that info out over the phone. It may depend on who you end up talking to (ie they might be Ebayers themselves). Give it a try.
    Tell them you will move your account to some other credit card company if they get snotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

If you're registered for online banking you'll be able to get that code straight away (provided you register your credit card account online as well of course).

You're better off registering for online banking anyways - plus you won't have to wait til October.

If this were going through the household channels with prior approval all this would be fine and I could use the online banking. However, as this is not pre approved the payment method is through my Travel Credit Card in work. :eek:

I'm F**ked :D

Seller got back to me. They are in no hurry and will wait for payment in October. That's plenty of time to think of a valid excuse and if I raise the funds through sales between now and then......... no excuse required cos it's my f**kin money :p

"D'ya hear that luv... sounds like there's something up with my amp. Damn, it sounds like it's knackered" :p

:D I was thinking more on the lines of.... Honey, I sold that Laney amp and got a good price so I bought this Mezza Bogie or something..... there new to the market and cheap. We could go out for a meal with the money I saved.....

That's the one. ;)

You've gotta use this nugget even though you both know it's a lie

"I actually made money on the deal!" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

How about hiding the Laney, and when she notices the different color -

"I wasn't happy with the sound of the Laney anymore, so I traded it straight-across for this."

Of course, you'll be in deep water if the Laney ever reappears....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Or just say that the Laney must have been pregnant when you bought it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Just tell her it's a xmas present from you to her, and be all disappointed and say ''awww it was supposed to be a surprise:('' , then kick her in the shin and steal her baby.

Sorry, eh, kind of went off on a mad tangent then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

he did^ but its most likley the outcome of the situation

Advertisement