Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling gear

Options
  • 14-09-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hey guys thanks for all your help on the guitar/amp questions i am only after purchasing my schecter c-1 classic from ebay :D but alas i will have to let some equipment go to afford my new amp so im gonna start selling on ebay. My question is how do i post and package amp/guitars and where is a good place to get boxes that are guitar shaped lol
    Thanks again
    Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Use the box your Schecter came in. Other than that, you can buy rolls of bubble wrap in easons and the like and try Tescos, Dunnes, etc for cardboard boxes. Worst case scenario you can tape boxes together to make a bigger box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

You could try asking in a guitar shop if they are throwing out any suitably shaped cardboard shipping boxes. They are probably just a PIA for the shop to get rid of. It might go smoother if you give them the impression that as soon as you sell your gear you'll be into their shop just dieing to buy off them at their hilariously inflated prices

EDIT: IMHO to ship guitars safely you need to have them in at least 2 layers of boxes (or one carboard box and a hardcase) with plenty of bubblewrap inbetween. DOnt forget to bubble wrap anything loose inside the case like trem arm or tools

Advertisement