Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Falling Man

Options
  • 14-09-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Did anyone see The Falling Man on tv last night? It was on pretty late. I dont really know why I kept watching it but I cant get it out of my head today from the minute I woke up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

The exact reason i didnt watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

It was like I was frozen, couldnt move to switch channels, just sat there staring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yep watched it thought it was good but hadn't thought about untill I seen the heading. Thought the family of the guy Noberto could have looked at the photos a bit earlier to save themselves a lot of pain, hurt & media intrusion but they had their believes.
    While watching it, I was thinking what I would have done if I was there - very scary thought. It did say at the end that they don't think he jumped because of the moments of his body but its very hard to know.

I remember as a teenager if I watched a documentry like this, I would always think to myself "ye but if that happened to me I'd just grab onto another building or try land in water" or something really crazy........but that I'm older and wiser of course I think "jaysus you'd be really screwed if unfortunatley in that situation"

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Yeah they could have saved themselves the extra heartache on top of what they were already going through. The bit that hit me hardest was when one of the journos said that when u see the photo of him or any of the falling people that u know that moments before that was taken they had to make a decision about how they were going to die. It's incomprehensible

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

In the dramatised program of about those that got out that was on last week, on bbc I think, one of the guys was saying afterwards that he happend to look out the window from where he was on the 50th or so floor and saw what looked like a suit that had been thrown out an upper window. He was then trying to figure out why somone would throw their suit out of a window as he just could not process the fact that somone would have jumped from x number of floors above him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement