Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest win to date?

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

I know we all have one thing in common on this board - we all loving taking money of the bookies.

What's your biggest win on a footy accumulator to date?

Mine was around 320 from a 10 quid stake.

Not great I'll admit but I tend to stick to doubles and trebles these days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Biggest was 10euro on a 26/1 shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

€800 on

Chelsea -1 4/5

Arsenal 5/4

Some championship team

Cant remember the team or what price but they scored in the 92min :) Last season had a few other big wins but ended losing alot of money in long run, dont bet like that anymore :(

For the thousand I put on got back about 4,600 happy weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

€135 on a €2 accumulator would have best I've gotten. Usually do a €2 accumulator on match day. Only ever won once, prob have alot more given back, so many times I've been 1 short :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I must say I'm not one for long-shot value bets or accas. Now and again I'll pick 3 or 4 draws in England, and I've pulled it off once or twice. I tend to stick to short priced selections, and then back or lay.

PSG were a gift of a lay at 1.45 tonight, I had a feeling they would be happy enough with the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I did a footy heinz(think that was it anyway!) 2 seasons ago but it was only 50 cents a line ha ha, but ended up getting all the 7 results right.....bet only paid out 82e :(

If I did the same bet even with a 5er accumalator I would have cleaned up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Most satisfying was this year Australia v Italy. Backed the draw at start of match, laid it in the 87th minute for a profit when it was still 0-0 , which meant if it was a draw I would win and if either of the teams won I would win - and then used the potential winnings on Italy to back them to win at just over 66/1 with about a minute to go in injury time, effectively it was a free bet, before they got the penno. sheer joy to see that penno go in. Dream of days like that one, but the world cup was brilliant for in play betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Had a 4 draw accumulator couple of years ago, had €10 on it at roughly 100-1............Nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

BlueSquare sent me and a friend across to Cheltenham for the Gold Cup, they gave us a 100stg free bet each on the Gold Cup, he didnt have a clue so I put 50e/w on War of Atrition and 50e/w on Hedgehunter both around 14/1 afair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Won 150 quid on a horse called Talwin yesterday, definitely one of my biggest to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

won just under 2 grand on a 5 match acc with a 100 euro stake.cant remember the teams but it was the eircon league

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Biggest win to date was in a bigbrother show 2005

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=276565

won about 500euro

hedged the bet so couldn't lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Biggest win was with the ~5th bet I never placed 4 horse accum at cheltham a few years ago, back in for front brought it home for me 3.5K:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

10 team accumulator on paddypower:

Buffalo Bills At Miami Dolphins - Miami Dolphins 4/9
    Houston Texans At Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Ravens 10/37
    Tennessee Titans At Indianapolis Colts - Indianapolis Colts 1/14
    Dallas Cowboys At New York Giants - New York Giants 8/13
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers At New Orleans Saints - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4/7
    Arizona Cardinals At San Francisco 49ers - Arizona Cardinals 8/13
    Washington Redskins At St. Louis Rams - Washington Redskins 8/13
    New York Jets At New England Patriots - New England Patriots 1/6
    Oakland Raiders At San Diego Chargers - San Diego Chargers 1/8
    Seattle Seahawks At Philadelphia Eagles - Seattle Seahawks 1/2

13.32 returned €341.49. My biggest so far, especially in terms of number of teams.

I remember the Seahawks game was on Monday(last december) night, all the other 9 teams had won so the bet was down to them...was tempted to stick on a bet to cover but decided against it and got paid. Watched every second of it on nfl.com in work....dont think i did any work that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

i own a share in a horse, i put 500 Each way on it at 12/1 and it won :D:D:D 8.5k nice!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

50 @ 50/1 way back before all the big boys were taken out after the drug scandals.a cool €2500

Was sweet when the day after i collected the money he got pulled for drugs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

Hows this for nice. I work for a bookies. Guy couple of years ago put a £1 sterling accumulator on 8 matches in the lower English divisions. He predicted 4 draws 2 home wins and 2 away wins for just over 13,000/1 !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

Hows this for nice. I work for a bookies. Guy couple of years ago put a £1 sterling accumulator on 8 matches in the lower English divisions. He predicted 4 draws 2 home wins and 2 away wins for just over 13,000/1 !!!

Apologies. It was a 10 fold accum. 5 draws and 5 home wins. Jammy so n so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

800 off a 1euro yankee....

but the most bizzare (yet typical in another way) thing that happened to me with yankees was -

i did three yankees one day, cant remember odds but for arguements sake they were like this -

horse 1.1 odds 7/1
    horse 1.2 odds 11/4
    horse 1.3 odds 5/1
    horse 1.4 odds 1/3

horse 2.1 odds 3/1
    horse 2.2 odds 3/1
    horse 2.3 odds 8/1
    horse 2.4 odds 1/3

horse 3.1 odds 2/1
    horse 3.2 odds 7/4
    horse 3.3 odds 10/1
    horse 3.4 odds 1/3

every horse won, bar the horses in bold, which is actually the same horse (Red liaison) at 1/3...it was put in to carry all the yankees. only came out with 110 pounds, I would have won over a grand if that 1/3 shot came home off 3 20p yankees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

€1500 at blackjack from an opening pot of €45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 I Shot J.R.

Woke up late for work one sat morning and put on a €1 lucky 31 on horses before heading in, got pissed off in work and left after 4 hours and headed to check the results. Saw the boards and noticed I had a winner, then another, then another, then another so thought I'd be up about 2-300 waiting for the last one. Watched the last one, the one I actually got a tip for that day run like he had leprosy and come 8th at 16-1. Collected 770 from the 4 winners but the 5th would have put it over 20k at his price with the all 5 right % bonus too. Still got drunk though so it was all good:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement