Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rack Unit/Keyboard Live Rig Solution

Options
  • 13-09-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

I've a few rack units (synths, effects, sampler) for my 88 key MIDI controller keyboard. I also have a few desktop esque modules which are 2u/3u high and can have rack ears attached to them (Novation Nova for example).

I need to find some way of mounting some of the units in front of my keyboard so I've live access to their front panels while I'm sitting behind the keyboard :
    i.e. some sort of hybrid rack that can raise about 3 or 4 foot off the ground. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_millenium_rw2001_prodinfo.html

Something like that? Doubt it'd be sturdy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

millenium_rw2001_pimx_129415.jpg

Something like that? Doubt it'd be sturdy

Fair play! That is exactly what I was getting at :D I thought I'd have to make a DIY one out of wine crates or something and I went through the Thomann Rack/Case hardware thing at least 4 times.
    In terms of sturdiness, it'll only be for Bedroom use to try and keep the crap off my desk - as long as it doesn't fall backwards with the weight I should be allright - I'll look into a viable gigging solution when my talents are called for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Glad to be of assistance :P

Advertisement