Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical System Error???

Options
  • 13-09-2006 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to seek help. I got this message popping up last night, and it constantly pops up ever 2 minutes now..

'Sytem detected virus activities. They may cause critical system failure. Please use antimalware software to clean and protect your system from parasite programs.'

How do I clean this from my laptop? It literally appeared last night and I have no clue as to how to get rid of it.

NB. I don't have any virus protection (norton/macafee etc) do to a certain lack of funds at the mo. This will be sorted at the end of the month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looks like that one that asks you to pay 'anti-spyware' software when its really more spyware. The above should do the trick, make sure to scan in safe mode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

connundrum wrote:
    NB. I don't have any virus protection (norton/macafee etc) do to a certain lack of funds at the mo. This will be sorted at the end of the month.
    Yikes! There are free AV programmes. Check out the sticky on this site for a list of them. There are also numerous free anti-spyware/malware programmes that are quite good. Spybot, Ad-Aware SE, Spyware Blaster, Windows Defender, all of these being compatible with each other, too.

The problem you seem to be experiencing sounds like a virus/spyware/malware problem. Someone wants to download something nasty?

Advertisement