Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGHH! I think I just blew my new POD Pro!!

Options
  • 13-09-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I just received it a few minutes ago from the UK. What I'd forgotten since I won the eBay auction last week is that it is an american version needing 110v not 220v like here! Agh! Is there any hope or is it €300 and my new toy straight for the bin?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Was there any loud bangs or the smell of burning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

No, it just went kind of ffzzt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

go out and buy a step down adapter, should only be a tenner. Chances are that it just blew a fuse anyway which should be handy enough to replace.

Oh dear. Get thee to a repair man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Its blown, get a step down transformer to test it anyway though, like 20 quids worth from maplin. I take it that it has a built in power transformer (ie takes a kettle lead)? If you're lucky it might just have a blown transformer so it may be repairable

• Advertisement

Actually yeah, fuse change would be my first step in rectifying the problem

Good point, hopefully there is an internal fuse. yes it does take a kettle lead so hopefully any damage is limited to either a fuse or a transformer.

Agh! I think I have found a fuse! I've popped the POD open (no burning smell or signs of burn) and right by the power supply is what looks exactly like a fuse. The print around right says "F, 0.4a, 120v, which I'm hoping means it's a 120 volt fuse that has protected the unit! Unfortunately the fuse doesn't actually look like it's blown.
    Any thoughts?

Can you actually check the fuse? With a multimedia or fuse checker?

Time for a trip to maplins methinks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

feylya wrote:
    Can you actually check the fuse? With a multimedia or fuse checker?

hehe, 'multimedia'. Must me a multimetre with audio video and graphical capabilities :P

Doh. That's what I get for posting in work while trying to fix some plebs sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Oh dear... sympathies++

You got thread of the day though! Im surprised noone has posted asking what you latest Apple product a POD Pro is :D

Good luck with the repairs. Best wishes to the patient

440Hz wrote:
    You got thread of the day though! Im surprised noone has posted asking what you latest Apple product a POD Pro is :D

Good luck with the repairs. Best wishes to the patient

You know, I was thinking that until I saw that this was the Instruments forum. Funnily enough, all the related threads at the bottom of the page think the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

so yeah what is a POD? is it a speaker? or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

whupass wrote:
    so yeah what is a POD? is it a speaker? or what?

Very briefly it's a multieffects/modelling device for guitars. Very unbriefly is the description from their site.

I bought a US to Irish power converter yesterday from Maplin but the didn't have the exact fuse I needed. Because the fuse doesn't look blown I was hoping there may have been a safety switch but alas my new baby didn't work. I'll have to go hunting for a fuse and then probably for a power supply. OH DEAR GOD WHY ME!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did you check the flow of the flux capacitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Are you suggesting he should reverse the polarity of the neutron flow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Are you suggesting he should reverse the polarity of the neutron flow?

And create a parodox? Certainly not!

• Advertisement

Did you check the flow of the flux capacitor?

You obviously haven't read the end of my sig. I am one flux capaicitor light.

In other news.... It turns out that the internal fuse in my POD is blown so at the moment there is hope. Fingers crossed it will have done its job and the surge won't have gotten by into the power transformer (yes, Optimus Prime lives in my POD pro).

Advertisement