Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with e1000 each month

Options
  • 13-09-2006 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

For the next year I'll have e1000 extra each month which I can afford to save/invest but I'm not sure what to do with it. I already have a Bank of Scotland 4.5% monthly saver account and I'm paying the max monthly installment so I'm looking for something else. I was thinking of opening a PTSB 21 Day Regular Saver account and saving 1000 each month. Is there something better out there?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

you got €2,000 spare a month... lucky you! :D

always consider how much of an initial lodgement you can do with the savings accounts, that BOS one is good because you can lodge 10k initally, and it means you get much more interest overall... the ideal solution (if you have 20k now), would be to get 2 of these accounts, do they allow that? or you could open it in a family members name. but keep an eye on that BOS account rates, as it isnt a tracker rate

take a look at the best buys section: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

if you want to risk it, you could invest in a fund, the freeway funds have low charges, http://www.quinn-life.com/qdi_investments_funds.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Get some government bonds

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

invest in property, or land - they aint making any more of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Enright wrote:

hah - they're not making any more gold or oil either

I'd do what you're doing - get the best deposit int. rate, and then when you save up a lump sum of 15-20k+ consider your options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Enright wrote:

They are in Dubai, and the Irish are buying it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement