Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 south from N2/M2

Options
  • 13-09-2006 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Does anyone who uses the new N2/M2 know what are the queues like at around 8am to join the M50 southbound coming from Ashbourne direction.

I currently go in the N3 and hit the M50 there but it has been absolutely mental this week (30 minutes to get through the queue at the Blanchardstown bypass)

Specifically does anyone know an average journey time from Ashbourne to the Toll Bridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

I hit the m50 junction from N2 at about 6.50 and get to Central Park Leopardstown at 7.25 ish.It takes about 10 mins or so to get to toll.

For some reason wednesdays are always heavier regarding traffic.

I'd stay well clear of the N3.That Blanch roundabout is terrible not to mention Fairyhouse junction.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

There was a 20 minute queue at the N2/M50 junction this morning at about 8:30am. I keeps getting worse and I suspect soon it will be as bad as the other junctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

I have the stats somewhere for both junctions.

Last year the N3 approach was 72,000 per day, and the N2 was 42,000.

I'd say some of the traffic is switching across to the N2 now though.

Advertisement