Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine making equipment

Options
  • 12-09-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Anyone know where wine making equipment can be bought in munster? Living in cork but can travel because i cant find it anywhere? I dont know the names of the items but i need the twisty tubes for the top, the jars, rubber stoppers for the jars, a wine corker for this years wine and anything else that would be generally handy. I really need to get a wine bottle corker (have corks got) as this years wine is in serious need of bottling. Please help because i cant find this stuff anywhere. I know Sean Cara in Tralee used to do it before but they have stopped that now :(
    Jer
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

www.thehomebrewcentre.com. Based near Limerick, or Kilaloo, I can't remember. But they will deliver everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Cool thanks a million. Kinda hard to use because no pictures of the stuff but ill hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Most things you list there should be pretty obvious. The twisty tubes are probably air locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

which kind of corker thou?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭hargo

iIf your going to be near Drogheda I got about 8 demijohn's, airlocks, corker also beer equipment barrel and gas. You can have the lot for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

hi hargo if youve still got that wine making gear ill buy it of you, let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

See here for a list of suppliers. Some of them are in Cork.

There is a homebrew expo at the Franciscan Well on the 29th. It is for beer but the equipment used is the same for the most part and the countries largest supplier will be there. A lot of the beer brewers (myself included) also do wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jjanderton

Hey Signpost...

There are lots of wine making equipments provided by the several renown brewer distributor near Munster. You just need to know the name of that distributor. I know only knew few of them, may they will full fill your needs.

You can use these website which i know...

1 ) http://www.homebrewwest.ie/wine-equipment-starter-kits-10-c.asp
    2 ) http://www.irelandlookup.com/2294845/Wine_Making_Equipment_And_Wine_Making_Supplies/Kerry/Kerry_Keg_Distributors_Ltd/.aspx

Advertisement