Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is autumn

Options
  • 12-09-2006 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭

wondering what has happened to autumn ?
    Humiditity is high and feals very warm all the time , particularly at night !
    When should we get a nice cool night , so i can get some decent kip !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

We are in the transition peroid atm,meaning summer is still trying to hold on.A few nights last week were cool enough to class it as being autumn.Its just our temperate climate atm,you know the one where you can be melting in the leaba or hugging the rads on another night.
    Once these southerly winds back westerly it will freshen up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its wretched out there, woke up during the night from the heat!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

is this global warming ?
    i never remember evenings so warm in September !

Any sign of fresher weather, I like blue skies , but hate humidity !
    The forecast looks like more of the same stale weather .
    Whats causing this weird weather, just like it to cool down a bit at night !

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

September can produce some of the best weather of the year - warm and balmy. Don't wish it away! However, I went swimming in SW Cork last weekend (I swim in the sea whenever possible), and it was really very, very cold - by far the coldest swim of the summer.

Roll on Winter and let the rant begin i say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Well, autumn is here now. I saw on the RTE weather forecast earlier that FROST was forecast for the midlands tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

There was already frost last week in the midlands, it is Ireland, our seasons arent very well defined.

There was already frost last week in the midlands, it is Ireland, our seasons arent very well defined.

According to my SIL, autumn starts at the start of august :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Although I've only been on this planet a mere 22 years, I always associate September with being very warm and summery (its etched into my mind as its the time we had to go back to school....:( ). But in saying that, I find that come 7pm or so it gets damn nippy and the night closes in fast.

I`ll second that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

last night there was no nip in the air , today is like the calm before the storm -- no freshness --- i need my 7 hours kip !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I think Autumn arrived in Carlow tonight, its damn cold and darn windy too, quite a few strong gusts blowing.

Advertisement