Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Credit Card - New T&C

Options
  • 11-09-2006 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Got my credit card bill today. AIB Mastercard. There's a leaflet in it about new terms & condtions.

I find one of them a bit confusing, and wondered if someone might be able to explain.
    Interest on Cash Advances
    For cash advances occurring after your October 2006 statement date, interest will be charged from the transaction date.

Can anyone explain what this means? Currently you're charged on average €1.90 per cash withdrawel. What this means now is that as soon as you take money out you pay €1.90, and then you pay interest each day until you pay off your bill? Clearly I'm missing something here.

(I will proberly end up ringing the bank to confirm .. but any advice right now would be great)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

the one idea that occurs is that for foreign withdrawals, the posting date, ie the day it hits your account could be several days after the tranaction date, which may be the procedure prior to this new rule.

for example, I have to hand a statment where I did a trns on 30th july but did not get posted till 4th July

One thing u can be crystal clear on, it is not done for ur benefit:)

Advertisement