Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tallaght test route

Options
  • 11-09-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the Tallaght test routes are still mainly Belgard Heights and Tymon North? Or have they included any other estates?
    Any tips/ pitfalls specific to doing your test on this route (for a friend who has a test coming up, I did my test in Tallaght a few years back but can't remember much about it.)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭trivium

i had my test 2 weeks ago, passed:D i had the tymon north route, i had a pre-test before it and the pre tester told me its the same routes as the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

kmoon wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Tallaght test routes are still mainly Belgard Heights and Tymon North? Or have they included any other estates?
    Any tips/ pitfalls specific to doing your test on this route (for a friend who has a test coming up, I did my test in Tallaght a few years back but can't remember much about it.)

Thanks in advance

Yes Belgard Heights and Tymon North are still the test areas in Tallaght.

Pitfalls - biggest one at present is getting in and out of the test centre on Mayberry road safely. TNT seem to have bought over the whole building other that the test centre offices here now. Finding a place to park before your test is very difficult. The 18 or so 'reserved' places that were originally kept for the drivig test are almost all now gone.

Dangerous left turn from the industrial estate coming onto greenhills road past Robert Roberts coffee. No stop sign, but essential to stop. Lovely big hedge on right as you come out very difficult to see around.

Loads of new ramps recently been put into Belgard Heights and some weird signposts.

Good Luck

Advertisement