Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mustard and chips

Options
  • 11-09-2006 6:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've been meaning to post this for some time and am glad there's the appropriate forum to do so as it means I needn't go about making up a new username and posting in personal issues.

Anyway, since I discovered this combination last year it's all I ever think about. Well not quite perhaps, but it's the only thing I can really eat and enjoy my chips with. Ketchup /mayonnaise /chilli sauce etc... they all pale in comparisson.

I'm sure there are others who eat mustard with chips just like me but I've yet to actually witness it. I hope I'm not alone in this as my friends and family like to sneer and make fun at me everytime I ask the waitress for whatever mustard is available (I'm not even fussy about it. just as long as it's mustard it's good!). They even go so far as to pronounce it DISGUSTING... :confused:

So, is there something wrong with me, or is everyone I know just plain ignorant?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Not sure what to tell you. I tend to eat things like potato wedges with a healthy dollop of mustard lately and I do enjoy that very much (the yellow maillard stuff actually). Seems normal enough to me. I'd have my chips with mustard where possible but I'd also use Ketchup and Mayonaisse too so I'm perhaps not as committed to the mustard/chips thing as you are. Then again, I'll put some sort of mustard on just about anything given the chance so maybe that makes me a bad person to comment too.

It certainly is not disgusting. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I adore chip sambos with plenty of Mustard instead of Butter on Bread, Daaaaaaaamn it's savage

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

You guys are sick and should be locked up. Kinaldo, you have commited a gross food harm. Sick sick sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Are we talking dijonnaise/french's american here or something more hardcore like Colman's? If it's the latter, I think you may have a problem m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Has to be Colemans English for me!

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pokypoky

You guys are sick and should be locked up. Kinaldo, you have commited a gross food harm. Sick sick sick.

I second that. I dont think punishment is the answer though. Perhaps an intervention of some sort for Kinaldo. Didn't think it was possible for words to produce such a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

chips smothered in frenches mild mustard does it for me, but disgusts anybody sitting with me, the mustard has to be ice cold though, just my preference.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Careful now, them's fightin' words and could get you banned from this forum if Eck is having an off day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hmmm, never tried it although if I did it would have to be Colemans English mustard. I don't think I could do with this alone thought, I'd have to mix the mustard with ketchup first and then dip my chips in. I'll try it next time I have chips :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mustard and Chips! It's something I've never tried, but Goddamn, I'm gonna give it a try next time I've chips. r3nu4l's notion of mixing with spme ketchup sounds intriguing also! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement