Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Googlemaps ... er, error

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Victor wrote:
    Googlemaps.com refers to the M50 Southern Cross Route & South Eastern Motorway and the N81 as ... "Around the Wicklow Mountains". :D Someone has put a tour on the wrong layer.

http://local.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=11&ll=53.264392,-6.238861&spn=0.190974,0.462799&om=1
    Pretty funny. That's been there all along and they still haven't noticed it... or "Qilean an Bhulla" for that matter (note the Q).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I noticed this on the google maps screen on daft.ie. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time , thought it was just someone being lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

:d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Theyve done a pretty big update by the looks of it :D

Monasaterevin bypass is FINALLY blue M road. But they still havent got the Ballincollig bypass in Cork right :(

Funny stuff tho :D

Edit: The N18 is the 'Clare Circuit' now :D
    "Lochs of Middle Ireland" is now everything around Athlone
    "Harbour Hopping in South West Cork" is now a road...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

They have the port tunnel, but show the entrance at Santry church rather than its present location. A pity as people coming from the airport are presumably likely to consult Google Maps before coming here.

They don't have the Dundalk bypass section of the M1. In that vicinity they have an odd block of detailed roads on the Northern side of the border which don't really join to anything, satellite photographs of Slab Murphy's house perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Santry church or Whitehall church? the entrance actually *is* pretty close to Santry church (at the interchange with Oscar Traynor Road).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

My mistake, I guess it is Whitehall church I am talking about, near Collins Ave.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sure the train line from Hueston westwards terminates in a field east of Celbridge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

kbannon wrote:
    Sure the train line from Hueston westwards terminates in a field east of Celbridge.
    The data provided on Microsoft's Local service is better. No mapping errors like on Google's, though they suffer from the same problem of not being totally up to date.

Advertisement