Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 Simple Rules

Options
  • 10-09-2006 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

anyone watch it? its my favourite show on tv for 4 reasons;

1-im a teenager and can relate to it.

2-its very funny.

3-MILF

4-Bridget

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BrightEyes wrote:
    3-MILF

she was savage in Married With Children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I have to agree, it is very good. There's an ep where the husband from Married with children guest stars as Kate's old flame. Very sweet episode.

It's such a shame that the American audience could never get past the "John Ritter Death". I thought the show remained very likable and funny despite the sadness surrounding the second series. However, the American ratings for the third series were low, and the show ended up beng cancelled.

It's a very good comedy, and I don't think it'll ever age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye I liked it,and I think it was still funny even after Ritter died. I thought James Garner and David Spade were good additions.

Kate's relationship with the principal was getting interesting as well but we shall never know :p funny show though,the one who plays Bridget is amazing :eek: And Katey Segal still has a nice pair of....:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    American audience could never get past the "Paul Ritter Death"
    John Ritter!

And i personally think the show is utter crap.. tired humour with irritating one-dimensional characters.

Why the occassionally great David Spade and always great John Ritter agreed to star in it is beyond me! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

It's watchable, and not a bad programme by any means. But the canned laughter is a major down point IMO. So it's not the best programme out there. Arrested Development has to be the most under-rated programme there is. New series TV3 this Thursday! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

yep... Kelly cuoco (Bridget) would definately get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

basquille wrote:
    John Ritter!

OOPS!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's average at best in my opinion - good for some cheap laughs but they really are cheap laughs, nothing that really sticks in the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yep... Kelly cuoco (Bridget) would definately get it.

Yup, the reason I watched it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Sparky-s wrote:
    Yup, the reason I watched it anyway.

tits and ass, it's a winning combination.

EDIT: where would boards be without such quality posts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Occasionally funny, but normally average.
    As said, Bridget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Bridget FTW

Advertisement