Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband in UL

Options
  • 10-09-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Are there any hotspots around the campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There's definitely one in the CSIS building. I think there may be one in parts of the main building too, I seem to remember seeing a few wireless routers on the walls in a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

They are in the library and the ER building aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

SU courtyardy area?

Apparently they're putting in a big supermarket where some other bar used to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

There was one in the canteen in the main building as well but I think it might have been robbed. E-Block also has one in the main hall.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Theres definetly one in CSIS, unsecured too.

Theres a few in the library but its patchy at best. And as justfortherecor (Great name btw!) says theres one in the canteen (The red one!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

bloody 15 letter limit robbed me of my proper name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

There's usually one around the B2 area, and the Eng building should be live by now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There's one IN the SU don't know if it breaches the walls though, also a weak signal in Foundation . You'll get one almost anywhere in the main building

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah, there's on in the Clubs & Societies development office in the SU, and maybe in the common room too (?)

AFAIK (from last year anyway) there's one in the canteen (B block), and there seems to be a signal (coming from somewhere) in the restaurant (D/E block).

Advertisement