Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Technology Shares?

Options
  • 10-09-2006 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I've been told that new technologies are the best form of shares to invest in. Do readers agree and if so have they any suggestions? Thanks for replies, Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

There is no such thing as "best", and you were incorrectly informed. Investment is a very personal thing. It depends on the company\share you are dealing with, the rest of your portfolio and your attitude to risk.

Yes a new company\technology in any sector can see good growth in business and share price, but it can just as easily go the other way.

Research, research, research:

www.fool.com
    finance.google.com
    www.bullbearings.co.uk

Are good starting resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

There is no such thing as "best", and you were incorrectly informed. Investment is a very personal thing. It depends on the company\share you are dealing with, the rest of your portfolio and your attitude to risk.

Yes a new company\technology in any sector can see good growth in business and share price, but it can just as easily go the other way.

Research, research, research:

www.fool.com
    finance.google.com
    www.bullbearings.co.uk

Are good starting resources.

Is this a troll?

I concur with SC to the point that

[I've been told that new technologies are the best form of shares to invest in. ] is Complete bollox
    Do readers agree[NFW] and if so have they any suggestions? [ u need to state ur purpose/risk profile/ timescale/ lump sum or drip investment
    Thanks for replies, [u are welcome]
    Alan

Advertisement