Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Bond an abuser of women?

Options
  • 09-09-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Just watching Goldfinger on RTE. Anyone think is it just me or does Bond force himself upon Pussy Galore in the barn scene, I mean, I know there some attraction shown in the film betwwn them up to this point in the film but I've just realised how much it looks like Bond is pushing himself on her. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I assume you've never read the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Sangre wrote:
    I assume you've never read the books.
    You assume correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

didn't really notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

bizmark wrote:
    who cares
    qft :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Sean7 wrote:
    Just watching Goldfinger on RTE. Anyone think is it just me or does Bond force himself upon Pussy Galore in the barn scene, I mean, I know there some attraction shown in the film betwwn them up to this point in the film but I've just realised how much it looks like Bond is pushing himself on her. Thoughts?

I think Bond was portrayed as quite physical and macho in the early movies.
    I think there's a scene in "From Russia with Love", where he slaps his love interest, a blonde woman, across the face in the train. :eek:
    He's become more refined now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

She was asking for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

007 always was a misogynist, but that did'nt play well in expensive mainstream movies so all his grubier charactaristics were watered down and then pretty much dropped by the early 80s. Daltons portrayal gave a hint of the old days which is why he was a good Bond.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

DapperGent wrote:
    She was asking for it.

Exactly. Her name was Pussy Galore for christ sake. Rule #1 in movie making "If a woman has a sexually suggestive name then it's ok to go after her". That's why Luke Skywalker was so hot for his sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bloody rapist. Anyone who has played Bond should be castrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bond was a mysogonystic womaniser all the time. He wasn't supposed to be a stereotypical save the day, marry the woman hero, he was cold, calculating, and everything an MI agent would have to be to survive to his level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

&#231 wrote: »
    Bond was a mysogonystic womaniser all the time. He wasn't supposed to be a stereotypical save the day, marry the woman hero, he was cold, calculating, and everything an MI agent would have to be to survive to his level.
    the new bond portrays that quite well

Advertisement