Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BACKLASH // Ivan Smagghe (Black Strobe) // Thursday...

Options
  • 09-09-2006 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

IvanSmaggheForumHeader.jpg

BACKLASH // Thursday 14 September // Ivan Smagghe & Romo
    Doors 10.30pm. Tickets 15eu, available at the door.

“If I were to stop being a DJ tomorrow, **** yeah, I would still buy records, of course. Because
    I have been buying records since I was twelve. If I stopped buying records, I would die.” - Ivan Smagghe

Black Strobe and Kill the DJ’s Ivan Smagghe makes his first solo appearance in Ireland at Backlash
    in Rogue, Thursday the 14th of September. Smagghe made his name during the rise of electrohouse
    as a truly original selector, and one half of the massively popular Black Strobe duo.
    He rose to the top of the global DJ circuit playing music with attitude and style, evoking the early days
    of acid house, and releasing more killer mix CDs in a few years than most DJs manage in a lifetime.
    These mixes were recorded for all the biggest labels: Bugged Out, Fabric, Eskimo, and two on Kill the DJ.

Ivan Smagghe has played all over the world, he is widely considered one of the biggest DJs in the
    electrohouse/minimal scene. The chance to see him in a small venue with a top soundsystem, like that
    of Rogue, is an opportunity not to be missed. Make no mistake, this is the biggest guest Backlash
    has ever had and the first name on our lips when we began this party three some years ago.

One of the most coveted support slots this year falls suitably to Backlash resident Romo.
    In the past year Romo has made a real impact on the scene, playing support for acts such as Nathan Fake,
    Optimo, Padded Cell, and was one of the highlights in the Pogo tent people at this year’s Garden Party.
    Check his weekly show on Raidio Na Life where he champions dark and minimal sounds as he has done
    since the very start of his Backlash residency, and as such is the perfect choice to support a DJ like
    Ivan Smagghe.

Next Week: Philth & Ben Handler (Brighton, Uk)

Rogue, 64 Dame Street D2 // Btls Rolling Rock & glasses of wine eu3.00
    For more info & giveaways subscribe at www.backlash.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Unfortunelly Ivan has had to reshedule this Thursdays DJ set at
    Backlash due to a family berevement.

We will announce the resheduled date at Backlash shortly. We've waited
    three years to have him play so we can wait a few more weeks,

We wish Ivan & his family all the best.

Instead, to satisfy your Smagghe needs*Funboi & Romo will be a doing a
    4hr head to head set featuring many of*Ivan's productions as both Black Strobe
    & Volga Select.*Admission will be only 5eu.

Thank You

Backlash

Advertisement