Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ye Olde Boss ME-10

Options
  • 09-09-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

What is the craic with this multi-effects pedal, its from the eighties, has an analogue front end and until recently came up on ebay for about 150 quid.

Now, I can't seem to find one for any money. I put an wanted ad in buy and sell for one and the only call I got was a guy asking if i'd found one and if so did i find more than one cos he wanted one too.

They are a fantastic sounding pedal, and very underrated. They're just perfect for the JC-120 amp I'm using and I'm getting really pissed off that I can't get my hands on one. A friend of mine even has 3... one for backup and another for the other guitarist in his band.

The point is I guess I'm trying for the sake of simplicity to just get a multi-effects and ditch my other pedals. Is there any other pedal that people would recommend for my setup? I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard and a Roland JC-120.

Has anyone used an ME-10? Any opinions on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I have one. Well, technically it's my brother's, but he gave me an "extended loan" about 5 years ago.

It's ok, I wouldn't say it's anything special, has some good tones, but a lot of it sounds really artificial, and I can't seem to find a good distortion on it. It also seems to lack sustain. A note would play for a few seconds, then silence itself. I'll have to crack it out again and play around with it, I haven't used it in a while and could just be misremembering.

It does have an excellent pitchshifter, though, which is great for random psychadelic jams.

Advertisement