Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x08 - Memento Mori [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 09-09-2006 1:40pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Usual feedback goes here. And wasn't it nice of SciFi not to air episodes whilst I was on my holiday? :p

What Did You Think of Stargate: SG1 - 10x08 - Memento Mori? 22 votes

Amazing episode - I believe in S10
    0%
    Good - This is exactly why we need a S11 because the show produces episodes like this
    0%
    Average - Doesn't mean I want cancellation!
    22%
    WintersJohnKCatsmokinpotOmegaRedIompair 5 votes
    Poor - Should be a Lot Better
    54%
    deRangedazezilPugsleyMr EGerardKeatingKevokixoyUser45701DingChavezangry_foxdemanAnCapaillMor 12 votes
    Awful - Please stop the show!! Oh wait.. they are!
    22%
    Vulturethelordofcheesealastair_doomis_that_soKojak 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

What an Average eposide.

Stupid blondie Gou'ald. Does anyone remember when these baddies were actually cool?

SG 15 being wiped out attempting to save vala and no one cares. Let's make a few jokes. The way they were wiped out was stupid. Running into a warehouse without knowing whats in there. Not using flashbangs. The guy getting shot in the back by someone who should be out cold. The way Vala was able to escape to a restaurant was even stupider. Even if she managed to escape the explosion they would find her in two seconds.

The gun battles were like something out of a bad 80s action movie.

Why where those trust hiding in the warehouse at the end with Vala? Where the **** did they come from? And why did Daniel put down his gun to talk to Vala while bullets were still flying everywhere?

They don't seem to care about accuracy anymore.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very average. What I didn't like was the pretty piss-poor plot. Once more the Trust are portrayed weakly - the perpetrators of a galactic empire are now in sub-par '24' conspiracies? Including a '24' amnesia plot-line? Ho hum.

What saved it from being complete pants was that I'm continuing to like Vala more and more and really dug the way Daniel believed in her, echoing the way Jack had complete faith in Daniel's survival in S8's "Threads". Some very nice character moments there that let me remember something from this installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Iv run out of ways to express how ****e SG1 has gotten in this season with another boring and badly written filler episode that breaks up the Ori plotline yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Very dodgy episode overall, indeed the fire fights were straight from the 80's, the sounds especially were fairly disgusting, the plot was a thin as can be, you knew exactly what was going to happen from the intro scene and the restaraunt scene, everything after that was blindingly obvious. Didnt much like Vala in this episode, although I do like that she acted like an entirely different charecter considering her mind was wiped, also found Daniel quite poor.

All that aside, its probably one of the better episodes set on earth outside the SGC (Nightwalkers anyone? man that was a cr*p episode), so I gave it a pretty genrous average.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pugsley wrote:
    (Nightwalkers anyone? man that was a cr*p episode), so I gave it a pretty genrous average.
    Ya I take the same attitude often too: "At least it wasn't Emancipation/Nightwalkers". I can't really decide which of those two was the worst but they show how low the show can go and I use that as a measuring barometer. Still think my "average" vote was probably too generous though..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I'm not even half way through the episode and I already dislike it :(

What a thoroughly predictable and disappointing episode...

Awful. The only way it could get any worse was if they had someone commandeer a vehicle in order to chase after Vala, I dont know, like a motor bike or something, before finally doing a wheelie and riding off into the sunset.

Damn thats bad t.v. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

High points - the questioning of the prisoner and Vala ordering 3 drinks
    Low points - Everything else
    I rated it poor and that was being a little to kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ixoy wrote:
    Ya I take the same attitude often too: "At least it wasn't Emancipation/Nightwalkers".
    lol forgot all about Emancipation, what a disgustingly dodgy episode :)

I keep remembering Nightwalkers though, probably because it was the start of season6, coming after season 4 and 5, and a pretty solid start to season6, it was such a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

A poor episode. Brilliant more character development for Vala :rolleyes:

That immediatly reduced its rating, IMO. I just don't like the character and this type of format has been done to death on TV over many years. The worst part of it was at the end when Vala gets her SG1 badges - talk about cringe tv.

IMO this episode, and a few others in this season, were just used for padding to make sure that they had an 11th season. Now with it being cancelled this type of pointless filler episode will cease to exist and the "run in" to the final two films will be a lot better - hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

****ing terrible episode.
    For all of the reasons above.
    God I hate Vala.

The ending was terrible...and not just because she shouldn't be on Sg-1. And what the hell was with Landry shrugging his shoulders and trying to be funny. He's a jackass.
    The only accurate and consistant thing about this episode was that Mitchell still had his Sodan scar.

This episode should not have happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement