Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Jurys Christchurch from Red Cow

Options
  • 08-09-2006 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First off apologies if this thread is in the wrong forum.

I will be driving from Limerick to Dublin staying Jurys Christchurch. I am looking for directions on how to get there from the red cow onwards.

I remember a few years ago staying there and I vaguely recall that turning right at some pub a couple of miles after the red cow roundabout and then continuing on this road until I eventually got there, about two or three miles again (Does that sound right??)

I would be a bit worried that there have been alot of changes what with the Luas and all since I last drove there.

Many Thanks

Cushtie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

1 Depart On RED COW COTTAGES for 31(m)
    2 Continue Straight On OLD LUCAN ROAD for 144(m)
    3 Turn Left Onto KENNELSFORT ROAD LOWER for 163(m)
    4 Bear Left Onto LUCAN ROAD for 1945(m)
    5 Turn Left Onto BRIDGE STREET for 246(m)
    6 Bear Right Onto CHAPELIZOD ROAD for 26(m)
    7 Continue Straight On MULLINGAR TERRACE for 353(m)
    8 Continue Straight On CHAPELIZOD ROAD for 1971(m)
    9 Continue Straight On CONYNGHAM ROAD for 887(m)
    10 Continue Straight On PARKGATE STREET for 118(m)
    11 Continue Straight On UNKNOWN for 178(m)
    12 Continue Straight On WOLFE TONE QUAY for 365(m)
    13 Continue Straight On SARSFIELD QUAY for 189(m)
    14 Continue Straight On ELLIS QUAY for 146(m)
    15 Continue Straight On ARRAN QUAY for 327(m)
    16 Turn Right Onto FATHER MATHEW BRIDGE for 62(m)
    17 Continue Straight On BRIDGE STREET LOWER for 125(m)
    18 Bear Left Onto BRIDGE STREET UPPER for 135(m)
    19 Bear Left Onto CORNMARKET for 22(m)
    20 Continue Straight On HIGH STREET for 192(m)
    21 Bear Left Onto CHRISTCHURCH PLACE for 78(m)
    22 Arrive at Destination On CHRISTCHURCH PLACE for 0(m)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's easy. Go straight through the red cow junction and take the right onto the long mile road just past the roundabout. It's signposted, but the junction is wierd - you have to go into the very left lane after the roundabout to go right (follow the overhead signs).

Once on the long mile just go straight on for several miles and you'll end up going in through Rialto on a nice new road. Eventually you'll come to a T junction (where you have to go right). About 10 yards later, next T junction go left and you're now heading towards Christchurch in front of you (you're beside St Patricks Cathedral). The trouble is that the place is a maze of one way streets from here on, so would need to know where the entrance to the carpark is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

An easier way in is to stay on the Naas road right the way in until you come to Inchicore Village. At the traffic lights at Dillon's Black Lion pub, take the right turnand this road will bring you straight into Christchurch cathederal, the hotel is opposite here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Bluetonic wrote:
    1 Depart On RED COW COTTAGES for 31(m)
    2 Continue Straight On OLD LUCAN ROAD for 144(m)
    3 Turn Left Onto KENNELSFORT ROAD LOWER for 163(m)
    4 Bear Left Onto LUCAN ROAD for 1945(m)
    5 Turn Left Onto BRIDGE STREET for 246(m)
    6 Bear Right Onto CHAPELIZOD ROAD for 26(m)
    7 Continue Straight On MULLINGAR TERRACE for 353(m)
    8 Continue Straight On CHAPELIZOD ROAD for 1971(m)
    9 Continue Straight On CONYNGHAM ROAD for 887(m)
    10 Continue Straight On PARKGATE STREET for 118(m)
    11 Continue Straight On UNKNOWN for 178(m)
    12 Continue Straight On WOLFE TONE QUAY for 365(m)
    13 Continue Straight On SARSFIELD QUAY for 189(m)
    14 Continue Straight On ELLIS QUAY for 146(m)
    15 Continue Straight On ARRAN QUAY for 327(m)
    16 Turn Right Onto FATHER MATHEW BRIDGE for 62(m)
    17 Continue Straight On BRIDGE STREET LOWER for 125(m)
    18 Bear Left Onto BRIDGE STREET UPPER for 135(m)
    19 Bear Left Onto CORNMARKET for 22(m)
    20 Continue Straight On HIGH STREET for 192(m)
    21 Bear Left Onto CHRISTCHURCH PLACE for 78(m)
    22 Arrive at Destination On CHRISTCHURCH PLACE for 0(m)
    :confused: Looks like a start point nrar the king's hospital does it not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

the way i would go is from red cow follow naas road - then turn right onto long mile road (follow signs for crumlin hospital) - leads into crumlin road - continue on crumlin road across the canal in past dolphins barn, by the coombe hospital, up new cork st. (cork st bypass) at the end of cork st, turn left up the dual carriageway (the one that goes by the edge of st patricks cathedral). this will bring you right past it, although you may have to take a turn right off the dual carriageway in through iveagh flats, as i can't remember 100% if there is a right turn at the top of st patrick's hill.

<edit> actually thats what hmmm said - it may sound complicated but its easy when you are on the road - only complicated bits are the turn off the long mile road, and the turn off the duall carriageway into jury's itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Hamndegger wrote:
    An easier way in is to stay on the Naas road right the way in until you come to Inchicore Village. At the traffic lights at Dillon's Black Lion pub, take the right turnand this road will bring you straight into Christchurch cathederal, the hotel is opposite here.

Thats the one I remember. I knew there was a turnoff right at a pub but couldn't be sure of the name. I think I will take this one as it will probably be more familiar to me when I am there.

thanks everybody for your help. If you see a muppet in a corolla looking lost on Sunday morning thats me :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Just having a look at Autoroute (old enough version mind)

Would turning right at the Black Lion Pub bring me on to Emmet Road, then go straight on through Old Kilmainham, James Street, Thomas Street, Cornmarket, High Steet and then Jurys on my Right.?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Cushtie wrote:
    Just having a look at Autoroute (old enough version mind)

Would turning right at the Black Lion Pub bring me on to Emmet Road, then go straight on through Old Kilmainham, James Street, Thomas Street, Cornmarket, High Steet and then Jurys on my Right.?

Thanks

It certainly would, it's a straight run in this way so no worrying about one way systems or missing turn offs. Jury's is opposite Christchurch so you have little excuse to miss it. :)

Advertisement