Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a house

Options
  • 08-09-2006 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have just applied for planning permission in Cork County and I have a couple of quick questions. What would people consider a reasonable fee to pay an engineer for drawing plans and doing all the relevant bits for applying for planning permission?? ANd would anyone know what is the cost per square foot of building a house in Cork County - North Cork to be precise.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is it a one off house? Do you know what you want? Is there an architect in volved?

For planning you dont need an awful lot of drawings and from an engieering point of view there isnt alot to do for planning.

I would say any where between €500-€3000 depending on the complexity of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

One off house, have the plans off the internet pretty similar to what I want - complex enough, have got a quote of about €2000??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sounds about right. Mind you if he has stuff from the net maybe he shouldnt be charging that much.

ANy chance you could pm me the link to the internet stuff for a better idea?

Advertisement