Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing in soccer clubs

Options
  • 07-09-2006 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

All the rich guys do it, but folks I was wondering just how many clubs are listed worldwide? Is it true football shares are quite dangerous to invest in. I would be mainly interested in European clubs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Redlancer

I dont know too much about it but here are the clubs I know are listed:

England:
    Sheffield Utd
    Preston NE
    Arsenal
    Millwall
    Man City

Scotland:
    Celtic

Europe:
    Broussia Dortmund
    Juventus
    Lazio

After this Im not sure. Football shares are dangerous but a well run club like sheffield utd where they have property bought as well show you there is value in them. Over the last year Sheffield Utds shares have gone up at least 30%

You would have to ask the experts in terms of teams outside of europe but Im sure there are many more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Clubs don't necessarily have to be listed to buy their shares. Liverpool are not listed, but there are ways to buy their shares for example. It's best to pick the clubs you want to purchase shares in, and just google it.

However, if you're looking to make money, or a regular return, football clubs are probably not the way to go.

Advertisement