Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way of cleaning retainer?

Options
  • 07-09-2006 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what's the best way to clean it. I've been using my tootbrush so far and it seems alright.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JimboBob

I would reccomend two products that are more convenient than a toothbrush. Depends on which type of system you want.

SonicBrite is a retainer cleaner in a powder form. You add it to a special sonic cleaning bath (small battery powered) and it takes away all the smells and slime.

Retainer Brite is a tablet that you drop into a cup of water and it also takes away all of the smells and slime. The Retainer Brite cleaning tablets also come with a small sonic cleaner, but you can use the tablets without that because they fizz up.

I guess if all else fails you could still just use your toothbrush.

You can get these products around on the web, but I found www.dentakit.com to be the most convenient place because they are both there and you can get free shipping if you buy both.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭smurfette2212

Can I just ask if anyone has ever used those denture tablets that dissolve in water to clean their retainer?? Usually I just use toothbrush, but wonder if the tablets would be better?? Thanks!

Advertisement