Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ezPass lane cheaters

Options
  • 07-09-2006 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Here's a thing.

It annoys but does not surprise me that there are always people who will blatently move into the ezPass lane on the northbound Westlink bridge, zip most of the way up and then merge back into the traffic. After all, no one bothers to do anything about the hordes of people who drive on the hard shoulder from junction to junction, going off and coming back on at each junction, somehow believing that a left flashing indicator gives them the automatic right to drive on the shoulder. And that's a proper offence, as opposed to just rudeness.

What amazes me though, in the ezPass case, is that the people who have taken their turn, and queued all the way over the bridge, then just meekly let these cheaters back in again!

Aquavid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I am very surprised!!! Are you an experienced driver?

If you are then HOW could you possibly be amazed at the

boorishness,selfishness,downright rank bad manners of the Irish motorist.

The reason they do that is they get away with it.... just like wrong lanes at roundabouts,ignoring box junctions,tailgating,lane jumping,whizzing at 50kph thru Supermarket car parks... the list is endless... A five to 10 minute drive in any suburb of Dublin will throw up most if not all of those situations outlined above.....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

They all know with the easypass lane theres allways some eejit who will let them back in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok.... if you are talking about this sort of behaviour, what about the people
    that pick/let off passengers on the motorway , that's so dangerous !

I am always amazed at the lack of policing on the M50 , are there standing patrols going up/down the motorway ?

As of ' cheating ' at the ezypass queue , the answer is obvious...... get rid of the tolls :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

All they need is to erect a partition that will stop them merging back into a normal lane. Then perhaps a quadruple (or more, make it crippling) charge for non ezpass People using that lane. They are fooked.

Edit :: They don't concentrate on the M50 because dispite the terrible drivers on it, very few actually crash in comparison to off roads and the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I would not charge them extra at all. In fact don't charge them. There will always be people who think their time is more valuable than other peoples and would be will to pay.

If it was up to me I would make them turn amd go back the other way so they had to go back to the roundabout and then have an other go at getting into the correct lane. I susspect that having to do that a few yime will either prevent them from doing it or make them get eazypass.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

MrPudding wrote:
    If it was up to me I would make them turn amd go back the other way so they had to go back to the roundabout and then have an other go at getting into the correct lane.

Just 1 word for you Mr. P

GENIUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dowlingm

On Ontario's 407ETR they have cameras which snap your licence plate if you're making a one-off trip and don't own a transponder - there are no barriers. A system like that could help if the DofT was willing to share licence records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Need need more toll booths like those in The Godfather :D
    Plug 'em full of holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Need need more toll booths like those in The Godfather :D
    Plug 'em full of holes
    yes....i think that the idea of the year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Aquavid wrote:
    After all, no one bothers to do anything about the hordes of people who drive on the hard shoulder from junction to junction, going off and coming back on at each junction, somehow believing that a left flashing indicator gives them the automatic right to drive on the shoulder. And that's a proper offence, as opposed to just rudeness.

Crossing a solid white line, as you have to to pull this stunt, is also a proper offence.

Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

and whats with all those little ramps at intervals along the M50 and N7 etc : reserved for Garda vehicles only - why dont they use them? What was the point of putting them in? Even if the garda wanted a place for a quick kip....
    if the Garda were more visible than half the dangerous antics (speeding, tailgating, weaving lanes etc) would not take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

[QUOTE=if the Garda were more visible than half the dangerous antics (speeding, tailgating, weaving lanes etc) would not take place.[/QUOTE]
    Have you ever noticed the driving beheavour of Gardi! I have often witnessed bad driving by them and they are supposed to set an example :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 steinbock

degsie wrote:
    Have you ever noticed the driving beheavour of Gardi! I have often witnessed bad driving by them and they are supposed to set an example :rolleyes:

not to mention the chaos they cause at times on some of the citys busier 2/3 lane roundabouts. On at least two occasions I've been almost hit because they decided to stop traffic on the roundabout. one one of those occasions the clown who nearly hit me was turning right but of course in the left lane, having braked to aviod them they started aggressively beeping at me and then sped off, right in front of the 2 guards sitting on their bikes who did nothing !

Advertisement