Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option to get everything?

Options
  • 06-09-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy B5 on DVD, and see that this has good value:

Babylon 5: The Complete Universe (Box Set) (DVD)

However, I am wondering if I will be missing out on extras like commentary etc. Does anyone here know if it really contains everything including all the extras or if its just a 'grabbag' of all episodes and flims?

Also a general question about DVDs. I am going to buy a new HDTV. Are all DVDs automatically in HDTV format or will they be letterboxed or something when playing on a HDTV? And if the latter is true, are there B5 DVDs (or other media) available for HDTV?

jacQues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

not sure about the hdtv option, but i have played my dvds on my lcd tv & i havent noticed any letterboxing, but it is a widescreen tv

i assume that you mean this http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/719237/Babylon_5_The_Complete_Universe_Box_Set/Product.html which has all the seasons seperate & should have all the extras. It is a fantastic collection, & for a great price considering i paid $300 for the first 3 seasons. plus it has all the movies & crusade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Cheaper by about £15 on Amazon afair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

jacQues wrote:
    I am looking to buy B5 on DVD, and see that this has good value:

Babylon 5: The Complete Universe (Box Set) (DVD)

However, I am wondering if I will be missing out on extras like commentary etc. Does anyone here know if it really contains everything including all the extras or if its just a 'grabbag' of all episodes and flims?

Also a general question about DVDs. I am going to buy a new HDTV. Are all DVDs automatically in HDTV format or will they be letterboxed or something when playing on a HDTV? And if the latter is true, are there B5 DVDs (or other media) available for HDTV?

jacQues

I have this - I can check when I go home to see if all of the extras are there, but I've seen the individual season boxes (each season is boxed inside that big box you see there on madrab's link, which is nearly three feet long) side-by-side with my friend's individually-bought series box sets, and as far as I can remember, they were virtually identical to the later seasons (the earlier seasons had a different box design, that's all - same content AFAIK.)

Will try to remember to check later on and get back to you.
    Gadget.

Friday is payday and I'm going to finally get my ass in gear and buy the Complete Universe. I've been meaning to get it since May ffs!

enjoy it :)

• Advertisement

I will, I'll never leave the house. Ever! \o/
    Except to lend some of the DVDs to the nerdy guy at work who thinks it's the best show ever after only seeing season 1 :)
    /me loves

The Complete Universe was dispatched to me yesterday. I sit and wait. And wait. And wait. FFS, hurry up An Post!

Edit: Well, poo anyway. Just after finding it on play.com for 15 euros cheaper. Bah!

pretend you nevr saw it on play & sit patiently till it arrives :)

Oh god, it's so beautiful I think I'm gonna cry. 5 seasons, 1 spinoff and 6 movies of pure joy!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh god, it's so beautiful I think I'm gonna cry. 5 seasons, 1 spinoff and 6 movies of pure joy!
    Please do yourself a favour and don't watch the last movie "Legend of the Rangers". It's a pilot for a series that was never picked up and it's bad. From a viewing order, it'd be the last thing you'd watch and it's not a good way to leave the B5 universe. Trust me on this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement