Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to help Romanian Orphans

Options
  • 06-09-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently watched a 2 part news piece on UTV which highlighted the horrific conditions that Romanian orphans are forced to live in - I want to help!

I am thinking about walking the Dublin Marathon. It takes place on October 30th and it is a 28mile walk.
    I would love to do it in aid of the Romanian Orphan's, but I haven't got the first clue of who to contact with regard to arranging the sponsorship, generating publicity for the cause, etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anne McElhinney (journalist with the Irish Times) has worked in Romanian orphanages and elsewhere for a number of years now. She may be able to offer you a few suggestions. I've chatted with her on similar issues previously. I can't seem to find her e-mail address- but if you check the Irish Times etc- you should probably find it.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

smccarrick wrote:
    Anne McElhinney (journalist with the Irish Times) has worked in Romanian orphanages and elsewhere for a number of years now. She may be able to offer you a few suggestions. I've chatted with her on similar issues previously. I can't seem to find her e-mail address- but if you check the Irish Times etc- you should probably find it.

Shane

Hey Shane,

Thanks a million for that,

I appreciate it!

Advertisement