Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney Hill Park

Options
  • 06-09-2006 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

people living in south dublin will what i am talking about.

every time i go to/near the spire/obilisk on the top of killiney hill park i feel very uncomfortable and as though i should not be there, the same happens whenever i drive down the stillorgan road where it can be seen from cornelscourt to wyattville; i always get drawn to look at it but once i look at it i try to look away but keep getting drawn back to it. the same even happens on bray seafront.

a friend of mine told me that he heard satanic worshipping goes on up at it, but i dont know whether to believe him.

Does anybody know what it actually is & if it has any paranormal history?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

It's probably just the normal human / animal anxiety of being "exposed"... an evolutionary instinct leftover when we were preyed upon by predators.

The obilisk is on a raised mound on top of the hill, exposed with no protection, and plenty of trees around it... a lonely place, and the perfect ambush area.

You've just associated that feeling, with the image of the Obilisk.
    Also, the area is associated with Druids, and people think that druids were satanic / evil.... a rumour probably spread around by competing religions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The Killiney hills are known to be an 'active' place, personally I would not consider this to be supernatural but completely natural.
    If you have an aversion to a place there may be a reason your engeries clash with those there or they are the simular and you just don't know how to deal with it.
    Some people even if they don't consider themselves to have that type of a spiritual or engery dimension can still react to places and not know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gogmagog

mmmmm!! Killiney and Dalkey Hill are very spiritually aware areas!! not far from the obelisk is some rearranged stones of an earlier megalithic site!!however it is my experience that killiney hill is the more benign and positive hill!! as Dalkey hill and the quarry seems dark!! a notable suicide spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

gogmagog, what experiences have you had at Killiney Hill which lead you to think that its the more benign and positive hill!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

OMcGovern wrote:
    It's probably just the normal human / animal anxiety of being "exposed"... an evolutionary instinct leftover when we were preyed upon by predators.

The obilisk is on a raised mound on top of the hill, exposed with no protection, and plenty of trees around it... a lonely place, and the perfect ambush area.

You've just associated that feeling, with the image of the Obilisk.
    Also, the area is associated with Druids, and people think that druids were satanic / evil.... a rumour probably spread around by competing religions.

I like you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Killiney has a definite vibe goin on alright .... as a teenager I spent a bit of time up there, ever the cynic the only experiences I can recount are pretty drunken ones. A nice place to watch the sunrise...I'll give it that. I think the area is far too populated and busy for any "activity" to go on unnoticed, teh garda are up regularly enough aswell .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gogmagog

the killiney hill area comprises 3 hills, dalkey, killiney and mullins/roches hill!! As I said Dalkey hill quarry is a notable suicide spot!! try sitting in the lower quarries and tell me its a positive experience!! I have probably spent more time on killiney hill then anywhere else on the planet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Please tell me you are talking about modern day druids

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I live close by and always liked the sense of peace and serenity up there and never had any bad vibes. Talking about the 'suicide spot' , both piers in Dun Laoghaire are also well known for this but it is not reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Isn't Killiney Hill known for it's dogging these days?

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »

Listen I dont want you to watch, its just ive no place else to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

testicle wrote: »
    LOL at the thx from Grimes.

A few years back wasn't there animal "remains" and a makeshift altar found on Killiney hill somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Daddio wrote: »
    LOL at the thx from Grimes.

A few years back wasn't there animal "remains" and a makeshift altar found on Killiney hill somewhere?

I've heard something about this before. Not much info though.

Daddio wrote: »

I've heard of this from years ago alright, certainly around Halloween it was known to have gon'on!

Is it documented anywhere or is this "a friend of a friend told me"?

Nearly sure there was a feature in the Southnews or Southside from what I remember. Will have a look online to see if I can find it.

Nope it was documented, I googled it but only found random quotes from other forums about it though, not any articles. It's not the most impossible thing to happen up there anyways, even recently there was a some evidence of "satanic rituals" or whatever going on around Glencree which isn't too far away from Killiney hill.

You may find that these "satanic" rituals are conducted by your typical teenage goth or new rocker. Wouldnt say there is a satanic ring opperating in Dalkey like in that movie "end of days" .

Grimes wrote: »
    You may find that these "satanic" rituals are conducted by your typical teenage goth or new rocker. Wouldnt say there is a satanic ring opperating in Dalkey like in that movie "end of days" .
    Yeah well I use the word "satanic" lightly. It may just be some odd teenagers, but "WORSHIPPERS OF SATAN SLAY ANIMAL IN BERSERK RITUAL" sells papers I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lightbringer

Used to happen years ago!Not many recently though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement