Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaoss Pad Guitar Mod

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's pretty cool. I know someone who uses a Kaoss pad on his guitar. He lies the guitar down, puts an ebow resting on the string and plays with the pad. It sounds cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Nice one. Bellamy-o-riffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sorry if I'm a little out of the loop on this, but what exactly does a Kaoss pad do?

Makes your guitar go 'weeeee-awwww-frrrrrrfff-kuhchhhhk-woooo', basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Karl, check out the youtube link at the bottom of the above link.

• Advertisement

Karl, check out the youtube link at the bottom of the above link.

Ah missed that. So it basically makes a lot of crazy noise?

Ah missed that. So it basically makes a lot of crazy noise?
    Yeah - but in a good way :D

Yeah - but in a good way :D

Good? I thought it sounded awful. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well you can sample live and replay the samples how ever you like at different velocities/pitches etc etc by rubbing the pad in different ways. Sexual.

Never mind me, I'm just being my usual opinionated self. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Never mind me, I'm just being my usual opinionated self. ;)

you're not alone there... why would someone spend so much time, effort and money on something that sounds so cac?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Yeah I dont think your man really showed it off well, its probably the kind of thing you'd have to practice a lot with before ya get any good, still though lots of potential there for psychedelic goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Pity he can't play

eddyc wrote:
    Yeah I dont think your man really showed it off well, its probably the kind of thing you'd have to practice a lot with before ya get any good, still though lots of potential there for psychedelic goodness

Yep -I think you are right. If used sparingly / tastefully it could be really cool. :D

Bet Dave Gilmour will have one soon. ;)

Good? I thought it sounded awful. :eek:

That's because he was awful. It can be used far better than that. I'd love to link you to an example but I've only seen it used live.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Follow that youtube link near the bottom of the page to the Expore More Videos window on the right [Muse - Intro with Korg Pad on Manson Guitar + Hysteria live], sounds interesting when the user knows what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

That is very cool. I think I'm kind of like him, I've seen it before, now I want one. Yeah, his showcasing was pretty dodgy (The delay was very cool, though), but I'd really love to get good at using one of them.

...How come some guitar players go to astounding lengths to get their guitars to not sound like guitars?

El Pr0n wrote:
    ...How come some guitar players go to astounding lengths to get their guitars to not sound like guitars?

That's a question I've been wondering myself. :confused:

Why not? It's cheaper than buying a good synthesiser plus it makes a change from normal playing. No limits man, no limits.

Look what you've done, Karl, you've offended John's pre-experimental-alt-post-office-rock sensibilities!

• Advertisement

fish-head wrote:
    Look what you've done, Karl, you've offended John's pre-experimental-alt-post-office-rock sensibilities!

He shouldn't leave his sensibilities out where they can get offended so!

lol, **** off the pair of you. I'm off to jam out on my bass by playing with my feet and running the signal through my freezer and oven and record it using headphones plugged into a mobile phone only to later edit it on my computer into a glitch masterpiece. You've been warned.

John wrote:
    lol, **** off the pair of you. I'm off to jam out on my bass by playing with my feet and running the signal through my freezer and oven and record it using headphones plugged into a mobile phone only to later edit it on my computer into a glitch masterpiece. You've been warned.

You can do whatever you want, just don't post it up here.

Of course I won't, it'll go in the Pimp My Band section.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That should be the motto for the board :p

John wrote:
    Of course I won't, it'll go in the Pimp My Band section.

What has the Pimp My Band section ever done to you? Poor thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

John wrote:
    Why not? It's cheaper than buying a good synthesiser plus it makes a change from normal playing. No limits man, no limits.

I never said I didn't like it, I love experimenting. Just a funny kind of thought...

Advertisement