Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mananan Jam!

Options
  • 05-09-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

This is from the forums on www.mananan.com, the irish Big Wave Challange competition (if you don't know this is a competition that runs from October to February in which the best surfers in ireland send in pics and videos of their biggest irish waves).

I was at the launch party in Lahinch last year and it was great fun. There was prizes for burning off your pubes with a zippo and a 50 year old couple won a surfboard by swapping their clothes in the middle of a crowded pub.. I still haven't figured out if it was funny or traumatising. And there was free unidentifiable booze being dispensed from a weed killer sprayer.
    Friday the 13th of October in Clonakilty, West Cork, O'Donovans Hotel "THE VENUE" will be tha Launch night of the Third Mananan Big Wave Challenge Season. The season will officially start on the 1st of October but we couldnt resist havin our Party and Fancy Dress night on the FRIDAY THE 13th!! The fancy dress theme will be ZOMBIE Elvis for the blokes and Zombie School Girl for the Ladies. We will have the now World Famous Mananan Jam in the Front Bar of the Hotel on the Sat night.

We are sooooo lucky to have TNT who are local surfer entrepeneurs, running the Friday night Party. They have built up quite a reputation locally for running a great party night and they have agreed to join forces with Mananan to make the Party night of the Year!!! All the local surfshops and surfschools have been contacted and we are working on posters and tickets now.

We are going to raise money for the Inshore Life Guards who are terrible underfunded and are all voluntary. The party on Friday night will be €10 entry and we can promise banging tunes all night and surf films being played all over the place. If you haven't seen the Venue it is class. Tickets will be on sale as soon as they are printed. Get them quick.

Zombie schoolgirls!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

This sounds awesome, It's on my calender!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

yeah looks awesome but me being in co antrim mega journey so unlikely :S

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

The wrap party was in Portrush last year so it'll could be up around there again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

lol, was telling my mate about it saying how the party was in cork this year, trying to explain the whole thing and how there may be a chance of the wrap party being in the port. He was like "yeah we should defo go to the one in cork" me "u driving" him "aye", so all being well i hope to see a few of u down there :D

Advertisement